After a two-week break in the schedule, the NASCAR Xfinity Series resumes Saturday at Texas Motor Speedway with the O’Reilly Auto Parts Challenge.
The race will be Garrett Smithley’s second at the fast 1.5-mile track. He finished 23rd at TMS in the spring.
On Saturday, Smithley will be driving the ETC Custom Truck Accessories Chevrolet.
“Texas is one of the fastest tracks we race on, and I like that,” Smithley said. “We’re going into the final weeks of the season, and we want to close out with some big runs. We get that started this week.”
Smithley sits in 18th in the Xfinity driver standings.
Smithley rolls into Texas
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Chevrolet NTT Indycar Series - 2022 NTT Indycar Series Team Penske Drivers Scott Mclaughlin, Josef Newgarden and Will Power Q&A
- Gary Crotty Elected to FIA Courts
- Day Chaser® Cocktails and Hendrick Motorsports launch new partnership with No. 48 team
- Max Lanza continues with CAAL Racing and moves to EuroNASCAR PRO
- Bojangles Honors Dale Earnhardt Jr. with Free Dirty Rice