Garrett Smithley and the MB Motorsports crew look to continue their consistency with the #63 SegPay Chevy Silverado as they head to Michigan International Speedway for the Careers For Veterans 200.
Smithley has two previous NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts with MB Motorsports, first at Atlanta in February and then in the series' last outing at Pocono. Both times Garrett brought the truck home without a scratch and hopes to maintain that track record at the very fast two mile track in Brooklyn, MI.
"Garrett has done a very good job taking care of the equipment while racing competitively. You have to be in the race at the end to come home with a good finish and he has done that in both outings with our team," notes team owner Mike Mittler,
“Pocono went perfectly, everything went just as planned,” according to Smithley. “I was surprised how differently the Trucks drove compared to the ARCA cars, but I was comfortable getting up to speed. We had a solid top-12 truck, but I knew I couldn’t wreck the truck and played it safe the last few restarts because Mike wanted to take the same truck to Michigan."
“Michigan is a very fast, traditional oval, and racing at speeds of 190mph+ in the SegPay Chevrolet Silverado is going to be a blast! I know Trip (Bruce), and the guys at MB Motorsports will bring a fast truck. Our goals remain unchanged from Pocono. We expect to be very competitive,” Smithley added.
The Careers For Veterans 200 will be broadcast on Fox Sports 1, MRN Radio and Sirius Channel 90, Saturday August 15 at 1 pm ET.
MB Motorsports PR
Garrett Smithley looks to continue streak in the No 63 Segpay Chevy
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Busch Brothers Call Monday's Rescheduled NASCAR Xfinity Series Race from Bristol Motor Speedway Live on FS1 and FOX Deportes at 7:00 PM ET
- LIVE Late Model Dirt and American Sprint Car Race Coverage Featured in LORTV June Broadcast Schedule
- Rain in Meeker Moves ASCS Sooner Region Moves To Creek County Speedway
- David Ragan to Pilot No. 17 Select Blinds Ford F-150 at Atlanta for DGR-Crosley
- RCR Post Race Report - Alsco Uniforms 500