Fresh From Florida returns to Home State on No. 98 Ford
The No. 98 Fresh Form Florida Ford team looks to return to Victory Lane at Daytona International Speedway with Casey Mears behind the wheel. Mears will once again fill in for the injured Aric Almirola in Saturday's XFINITY race after subbing at Pocono Raceway. As defending winners of the Daytona Firecracker 250, Biagi DenBeste Racing and Fresh From Florida are looking to repeat their 2016 victory. Fresh From Florida will return to its home state for the second time this year to promote locally grown produce and seafood.
Mears has experience at the 2.5-mile track with 25 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series starts. He also has four starts in the XFINITY Series with two of those races resulting in a Top 10. Mears will look to score his first superspeedway win during the July 4th weekend.
"I'm excited to be back behind the wheel with Fresh From Florida and Biagi DenBeste Racing this weekend in Daytona," Mears said. "I know they won this race last year, as well as Talladega in May, with Aric Almirola, so I'm excited to be getting in a competitive car. We're looking to have a strong run and put the #98 Fresh From Florida Ford Mustang at the front of the field. Our thoughts continue to be with Aric as heals up and we're looking forward to having back in the car."
« The Brickyard 400 Could Save Lives. And You Can Help. Here's How. NXS: Coca-Cola Firecracker 250 Preview »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The NASCAR Foundation Partners with Martinsville Speedway on Speediatrics Fun Day Festival for Boys & Girls Clubs of the Blue Ridge
- Broad Brook Brewing and Stafford Speedway Partner to Launch Double Hooked Lager; Broad Brook Brewing Joins Stafford Contingency Program
- Justyn Cox Racing to Award 360 Sprint Car Drive to Delta Super Champion
- Rueschenberg To Compete In This Weekend’s T-Town Showdown
- Destiny Homes Announces Multi-Race Sponsorship with Brett Moffitt and Our Motorsports