Up Close! Talladega’s Saturday Pre-Race Pass puts Fans in the Middle of NASCAR Prep, NASCAR Xfinity Qualifying
After its success last fall, Talladega Superspeedway is bringing back a fan favorite - the popular Saturday Pre-Race Pass, which allows fans to witness the action and morning activities from “pit alley” on Saturday, April 27, prior to the MoneyLion 300 NASCAR Xfinity Series (NXS) race.
From a designated fenced area behind pit road, fans’ accessibility stretches from in front of Gatorade Victory Lane all the way to the entrance of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) garage, and will give fans an up-close view of the vast preparations by the race teams from down in the trenches for the MoneyLion 300 for the NXS, which will run later in the day at noon CDT. In addition, there will be “Open Garages” Saturday morning for both the MENCS for the GEICO 500, which is set for Sunday, April 28, and the NXS - and will be available to the first 300 guests at each garage.
Specifically, with a $25 (cost for adults and kids) Saturday Pre-Race Pass, fans will have the following viewing opportunities:
- NXS teams’ prep for qualifying as well as the MoneyLion 300 race later in the day
- NXS cars on-track for qualifying (9:10 a.m. CDT) for the MoneyLion 300
- NXS “Open Garage” (8 a.m. – 9 a.m. CDT) where first 300 fans with a Saturday Pre-Race Pass get to take a self-guided tour and see the teams, cars and haulers of the NXS
- MENCS “Open Garage” (9 a.m. – 11 a.m. CDT) where first 300 fans with a Saturday Pre-Race Pass get to take a self-guided tour and see the teams, cars and haulers of the MENCS
- At conclusion of qualifying for the MoneyLion 300, at approximately 11:15 a.m. CDT, walk down pit road for access to front of stage area at NXS Driver Intros (which start at 11:30 a.m. CDT) prior to the MoneyLion 300
Please note that the “Open Garage” wristbands for both the MENCS and the NXS are on a first-come, first-served basis (limit of 300 for each).
To purchase a Saturday Pre-Race Pass, fans must have a MoneyLion 300 ticket or a 5-day infield camping wristband. Tickets for the MoneyLion 300 start at only $40 (advance-price) and tickets for kids 12 and younger are FREE, although each child must have a “physical” admission pass that can be reserved by calling 855.518.RACE (7223). Time trials for the GEICO 500 will take place at 3:40 p.m. CDT, after the running of the MoneyLion 300. For all ticket information, log onto www.talladegasuperspeedway.com
Access for the Saturday Pre-Race Pass begins at 8 a.m. CDT and ends immediately after driver introductions for the MoneyLion 300. Transportation will be provided to guests with grandstand tickets via the North Tunnel Tram, located just outside Turn 4, at 7:45 a.m. CDT. For more information on tram routes, as well as entry and exit routes for the Saturday Pre-Race Pass, visit www.talladegasuperspeedway.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race