Quaker State(R) Goes the Extra Mile and Donates $50,000 to AARP Foundation for Drive to End Hunger
After joining forces with AARP Foundation for a two-month-long charitable promotion, motor oil brand Quaker State today announced fundraising efforts totaled $50,000 to benefit Drive to End Hunger as part of the initiative to help fight hunger among the nearly nine million older Americans at risk of hunger each day.
The promotion focused on Quaker State donating a portion of proceeds from specially-marked products sold at Walmart from Feb. 1 to March 31, 2012 to AARP Foundation for Drive to End Hunger. A donation of 25 cents per bottle sold of five-quart specially-marked bottles of Quaker State(R) Ultimate Durability or Quaker State(R) Higher Mileage Engine(TM) motor oil was contributed to the effort, tallying $50,000.
"We are proud to have initiated this cause-related effort all to support AARP Foundation in its quest to help those in need through Drive to End Hunger," said Gita Gidwani, Quaker State Brand Manager. "We activated this promotion at a national level, highlighting the ongoing issue and providing funds to help the fight against hunger."
The culmination announcement of the program also coincides with the 2012 Quaker State 400 in the Sprint Cup Series season. Quaker State is a longtime sponsor of Hendrick Motorsports and an associate sponsor of Jeff Gordon's No. 24 Drive to End Hunger Chevrolet.
"It was a pleasure for AARP Foundation to team up with a leader in the automotive market to help benefit the nine million older Americans who are at risk of hunger," said Jo Ann Jenkins, President, AARP Foundation. "This effort by Quaker State provided people with the opportunity to easily and conveniently give back to people in their communities while taking care of their cars."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports