Grassroots Racers Take Aim at More Than $125,000 in Fourth Annual DRIVEN Racing Oil World Short Track Championship Oct. 31-Nov. 2 at The Dirt Track at Charlotte
The Fourth Annual DRIVEN Racing Oil World Short Track Championship returns to The Dirt Track at Charlotte Oct. 31 through Nov. 2 with nine divisions of weekly dirt racers from the United States and Canada all looking to claim their share of a purse worth more than $125,000.
More than 400 competitors took part last year, with entries already pouring in for the 2019 edition.
“The DRIVEN Racing Oil World Short Track Championship is the one event where weekly racers can compete under the huge spotlight of a racing city like Charlotte,” said DRIVEN Racing Oil Brand Manager David Chamberlain. “No other city in the world embraces racing like Charlotte, and for the weekly, grassroots racers there’s no better venue than The Dirt Track at Charlotte to see how they stack up against one another. We can’t wait to wave the green flag on this event.”
The DRIVEN World Short Track Championship, which runs a week ahead of the Can-Am World Finals, will also be broadcast live by DIRTVision.com.
The event kicks off on Thursday, Oct. 31, when pit gates open at 11 a.m. and technical inspection begins. This year, cars will be grouped into three flights for hot laps, qualifying and heat races to enhance their time on track and shorten the amount of downtime between on-track action.
The nine divisions of competition, and their flights, include:
• FOX Racing SHOX DIRTcar/SECA Pro Late Models — FLIGHT 2
• Summit Racing Equipment DIRTcar UMP Modifieds — FLIGHT 2
• VP Racing Fuels DIRTcar Northeast Sportsman Modifieds — FLIGHT 2
• Hoosier Racing Tire DIRTcar/SECA Pro Modifieds — FLIGHT 3
• RacerTents.com DIRTcar Northeast Pro Stocks — FLIGHT 1
• Chevrolet Performance 602 Thunder Late Models — FLIGHT 1
• DRIVER Racing Oil SECA Crate Sportsman — FLIGHT 1
• COMP CAMS MMSA Mini-Stocks — FLIGHT 3
• DIRTVision FWD/Hornets Sport Compacts — FLIGHT 3
The event will conclude on Saturday, Nov. 2, with all nine Championship Features, beginning with the DIRTcar Northeast Pro Stocks at 4:30 p.m. The full schedule, online entry form, competitor guide and frequently asked questions can be found online at DIRTcar.com by clicking here.
All grandstand tickets are general admission and can be purchased on race day at the ticket building between the zMAX Dragway and The Dirt Track at Charlotte. A two-day (Friday-Saturday) grandstand pass is $55. Tickets for Friday only are $25 and tickets for Saturday only are $35. Kids 13-and-under are FREE both days.
A three-day Pit Pass is $75 for DIRTcar Members ad $90 for non-members. Minors (17-and-under) are allowed in the pit area, but must submit a fully executed minor release signed by both parents/guardians. The waivers are available at the pit window or online at CharlotteMotorSpeedway.com/
DIRTcar Series PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR Champion Joey Logano Breaks Guinness World Record with World’s Longest Hot Wheels Track
- New York’s Thunder Mountain Speedway Joins DIRTcar Racing
- Double pay for Indoor Racing events winner if there is a sell out
- New Pacers’ City Edition Uniforms Blend Hoosier Passions of Horsepower, Hoops
- VeeKay, Askew latest from successful Road to Indy pipeline to graduate to NTT IndyCar Series