Medical update on NTT IndyCar Series driver Ed Jones
NTT IndyCar Series driver Ed Jones has been cleared to drive in the INDYCAR Classic at Circuit of The Americas following a re-examination by Dr. Geoffrey Billows, INDYCAR medical director.
Jones sustained a small non-displaced fracture of the distal fourth metacarpal in his left ring finger when his No. 20 Ed Carpenter Racing Scuderia Corsa Chevrolet made contact with the wall during the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg on March 10. Jones met with a hand surgeon in Miami in the days following the race and had the hand properly splinted.
INDYCAR Classic activities begin with practice on Friday. NTT P1 Award qualifying is scheduled for Saturday with the 60-lap race on 3.41-mile permanent road course taking place Sunday (1 p.m. ET, NBCSN and Advance Auto Parts INDYCAR Radio Network).
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race