MDM Motorsports, which has previously fielded teams in NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and ARCA competition, will be scaling back its racing operations starting with the 2019 season.
MDM Motorsports will no longer compete in the NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series. The multi-car team operation in both ARCA and K&N competition will also decrease to a two-car operation. The team plans on competing full time in both series and defending their current ARCA Series championship, which they are celebrating tonight in Indianapolis with MDM driver Sheldon Creed.
"MDM Motorsports has amassed more than 30 wins over the last two racing season," said Matt Miller, Team Partner at MDM. "We've had a great run with more than a dozen different drivers win for us across three series. However, with the growth of driver development programs across all series, we feel that it's time to scale back our operation and our driver development efforts."
With the reduction in teams, restructuring of the organization will begin as well. Former team partner Mark McFarland will move to Joe Gibbs Racing in 2019 to manage the team's ARCA operation. The MDM Motorsports driver line-up, as well as numbers, sponsors and more will be announced at a later date.
For more information on MDM Motorsports, please visit www.mdmmotorsports.com, follow @MDMMotorsports on Twitter and like them on Facebook. Further questions should be asked of MDM Motorsports at 980-444-0000.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Las Vegas Motor Speedway announces busy 2019 Strip schedule
- IMS Museum to Offer Series of ‘Lost’ Indy 500 Radio Broadcasts for Sale; 1958 Race Available Now in Crisp Digital Quality
- Grandview Speedway Announces Changes For The 2019 Auto Racing Season
- Epicenter: Foo Fighters, Tool, Korn, Rob Zombie, Judas Priest & Bring Me The Horizon Top Massive Music Lineup At Rockingham Festival Grounds In North Carolina May 10, 11 & 12, 2019
- Medford Mad Dog Mike Iles And Sprint Ace Eddie Strada Ready For Indoor Dirt Racing Action