ARCA Champ Sheldon Creed Leads Abbreviated Kansas Practice
Sheldon Creed (No. 28 United Rentals Toyota) led an abbreviated practice session for the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards Friday afternoon at Kansas Speedway. Creed clinched the 2018 ARCA Racing Series championship when he made his first lap on the track during the session.
A light mist that did not show up on radar moved in shortly before the 60-minute mark in practice, forcing ARCA officials to red flag the session. The mist moved out, but not before series officials were forced to end the session early.
Creed's fastest lap od 30.131 seconds/179.217 miles per hour was just over a tenth of a second quicker than Codie Rohrbaugh (No. 7 Grant County Mulch Chevrolet), who was second quickest. Drew Herring (No. 19 NOS Energy/ORCA Coolers Toyota) was third in his first series start since 2009 with a lap of 30.567 seconds/176.661 miles per hour.
Harrison Burton (No. 12 DEX Imaging Toyota) was fourth quickest at 30.634/176.275 and Zane Smith (No. 41 LaPaz Margarita Mix/ICON Vehicle Dynamics Toyota) rounded out the top five at 30.638/176.252.
Todd Gilliland (No. 54 Frontline Enterprises Toyota) was sixth, Riley Herbst (No. 18 NOS Energy/ORCA Coolers Toyota) was seventh, Chase Purdy (No. 8 Bama Buggies Toyota) was eighth, defending race winner Michael Self (No. 15 Sinclair Lubricants Toyota) was ninth, and Anthony Alfredo (No. 40 CECO Building Supplies Toyota) rounded out the top ten.
Next up for the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards is General Tire Pole Qualifying at 6:05 pm ET/5:05 pm CT. The ARCA Kansas 150 is set to go green shortly after 8:30 pm ET/7:30 pm CT and will be televised live on FS2. ARCARacing.com will have live timing & scoring and track updates throughout both qualifying and the race.
ARCA Racing PR
« Alon Day and Guillaume Dumarey strike first in Practice ARCA: Sheldon Creed Leads Practice at Kansas Speedway »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway, Mahoning Valley Speedway to run Hobby Stock Dual Track Series.Agreement reached on sharing select rules
- Sammy Smith to Compete in Full 2023 Nascar Xfinity Series Schedule With Joe Gibbs Racing
- GMS Racing Announces NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series Crew Chief Lineup for the 2023 Season
- Race of Champions “Family of Series” Schedule Update – More Dates Added - Race of Champions Modified Series Getting Ready for a Huge 2023 Season
- INDYCAR Continuing Path with Sustainable Leadership in Motorsports