Toyota NCWTS Champion Brett Moffitt Fast Facts and Toyota Executive Quotes
- Tundra driver Brett Moffitt won the 2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) championship after capturing his sixth win of the season at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Friday night.
- The title is Moffitt’s first NASCAR championship in his first full-time season competing in the Truck Series with Hattori Racing Enterprises.
- Moffitt captured a career-best six wins, 13 top-five and 13 top-10 finishes over 23 races this season to claim the 2018 driver’s championship.
- The Grimes, Iowa native is the sixth Tundra driver to capture a driver’s championship. In addition to Moffitt, Christopher Bell (2017), Erik Jones (2015), Matt Crafton (2013, 2014), Todd Bodine (2006, 2010) and Johnny Benson (2008) have also captured Truck Series titles for Toyota.
- Tundra drivers won nine events, earned 14 pole positions and led 1594 laps during the 2018 season. Toyota has earned a total of 179 victories since joining the NCWTS in 2004.
Vinay Shahani, Vice President, Media, Motorsports and Incentives for Toyota on the significance of Moffitt’s title:
“The accomplishments of the single truck team of Hattori Racing Enterprises and Brett Moffitt this season are something that will be celebrated within the walls of Toyota. Moffitt and his team quickly became frontrunners with their win at Atlanta and never let up, advancing to Homestead and winning the championship in what has become a dream season.”
Laura Pierce, General Manager of Motorsports for Toyota on the significance of Moffitt’s title:
“Brett embodies everything we believe in at Toyota as he’s been committed to continuous improvement throughout his career. After seven years racing in NASCAR, it has been our privilege to share in one of his greatest accomplishments to date – a Truck Series championship. We’re incredibly proud of everything he has accomplished in a Tundra this year along with Hattori Racing Enterprises.”
Toyota Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Renger van der Zande joins Chip Ganassi Racing for 2021 IMSA programme
- ValleyStar Credit Union 300 to be Held at Martinsville Speedway on Sept. 25, 2021
- 2021 Grandview Speedway seaon passes now available
- Alon Day and Vittorio Ghirelli on pole for the NASCAR GP Spain in Valencia
- Texas Motor Speedway to host drive-thru commencement for Texas Woman's University