Gragson Wins Pole and Finishes Sixth at Iowa
Noah Gragson started from the pole in his No. 18 Switch Tundra for the second time this season. After leading the first 16 laps he survived a wild late-race restart to finish sixth. It was his sixth top-10 and fifth consecutive of the season.
Stage One Recap:
- Gragson started from the pole and led the first 16 laps before he was passed by KBM teammate Christopher Bell. With no cautions to slow the first stage, Gragson finished second behind Bell. The KBM team brought him to pit road for four tires and a slight wedge adjustment to help the handling.
Stage Two Recap:
- Gragson was sixth to start stage two and moved up to fifth by lap 94. The first true caution of the race came on lap 110. The team decided to pit before the segment ended hoping to gain track position, but another caution shortly after the restart ended stage two under caution.
Stage Three Recap:
- The final 80-lap stage began on lap 133 with Gragson running fourth. He moved up to third on the restart and he and John Hunter Nemechek battled for position for several laps. By lap 165, Gragson took command of third place ahead of Nemechek until a late-race caution slowed the field. On lap 188, Gragson brought the Switch Tundra to pit road for a two-tire stop. He returned to the race in third for the restart with seven laps to go. As the field bunched up while fighting for track position, Gragson was shuffled back a few spots, but crossed the finish line in sixth place.
« NCWTS: FOX Business Network to Air Camping World Truck Series Race at Eldora Speedway, Marcus Lemonis Responds on Twitter Burton Posts Career-Best Finish After Up-and-Down Night »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Crowe Equipment Signs on with Spencer Boyd for Multiple Races
- Harvick Powers Away in Overtime To Earn Third Big Machine Hand Sanitizer 400 Victory
- MAVTV Motorsports Network Launches Free “MAVTV Select” Channel on VIZIO SmartCast® TVs
- Custer Earns Career Best Cup Finish at Indianapolis
- Harvick Scores Huge Win at Indianapolis