Tyler Young will return to NASCAR Camping World Truck Series full time in 2015
Young's Motorsports announced today that Midland, Texas native Tyler Young will return to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) full-time in 2015 behind the wheel of his family-owned No. 02 Chevrolet Silverado. The 24-year-old driver, who competed for Sunoco Rookie of the Year honors in 2014, enters the 2015 season looking to build on the foundation he made in his rookie season.
"I learned a lot in my rookie season," said Tyler Young, driver of the No. 02 Young's Motorsports Chevrolet. "More than half of the tracks we raced at, I was seeing for the first time when I got there. This year, I'm looking forward to getting back to those tracks, building on what we learned last year, and contending for that first top-10 finish."
Young completed his first full season in the NCWTS in 2014. Making 12 track debuts throughout the 22-race schedule, the Sunoco rookie steadily improved throughout the season, amassing five top-15 finishes including a career-best 11th-place finish at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet. The Young's Motorsports driver capped off his rookie campaign 13th in the NCWTS driver point standings, a mere 10 points out of 10th place.
Young's 2015 season will once again be led by veteran crew chief, Bryan Berry. Berry, a Homestead, Fla. native, is a 12-year veteran of the NCWTS and has 200 starts to his resume, including eight top-five and 27 top-10 finishes.
"Other than a few internal personnel changes, we are building on what we had last year," continued Young. "Bryan (Berry, crew chief) will be back on top of the pit box, calling the shots for us this year. We will have great power from PME (Pro Motor Engines), and a solid group from Stewart-Haas Racing's development team going over the wall. We had some great runs last year, just not the best of luck, and I made some rookie mistakes. I don't see why we can't compete for top-10 finishes each and every week this year."
Young Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Santino Ferrucci to Make Superspeedway Debut at Talladega Superspeedway with Sam Hunt Racing
- Jag Metals Camper Shindig, Wild Asphalt Showdown and Concerts for Campers During Nascar Playoffs
- Times, Prices, And Format: 34th COMP Cams Short Track Nationals Presented By Hoosier Tire
- You Want Passing? No Other Race Track Provides as Much for the Lead, for Wins, and Throughout the Field During an Event Like Talladega Superspeedway
- Azalea Gynecology Partners with Jack Wood and GMS Racing at Talladega Superspeedway