● Clint Bowyer (Started 6th, Finished 3rd / Running, completed 88 of 88 laps)
● Aric Almirola (Started 5th, Finished 10th / Accident, completed 77 of 88 laps)
● Kevin Harvick (Started 10th, Finished 13th / Accident, completed 77 of 88 laps)
● Bowyer started sixth after a random draw Saturday determined starting positions.
● Bowyer moved to second on lap nine.
● The field ran single file for most of the early going as Bowyer reported his car was tight off turn two.
● The No. 14 Mobil 1 Ford Mustang pitted for four tires and fuel on lap 24 – a lap before the mandatory caution.
● The second portion of the race saw Bowyer remain at the front as a series of cautions and wrecks decimated the field.
● Bowyer’s car suffered serious damage, but remained on the track throughout every accident.
● His was one of only four cars racing on the lead lap before the checkered flag.
● Erik Jones won the Clash to score his first career Clash victory.
● The 18-car field was comprised of 2019 pole winners, former Clash winners, former Daytona 500 pole winners and 2019 playoff participants.
Clint Bowyer, Driver of the No. 14 Mobil 1 Ford Mustang for Stewart-Haas Racing:
“We had a great Mobil 1 Ford today. It took a beating but kept going and we even had a shot there at the end, as tore up as she was. At the beginning, I thought it was kind of boring to run around there single file. Man, I wish we would have stayed that way. We are not capable of going two-wide. We tore the hell out of ’em.”
The Bluegreen Vacations Duel – twin 150-mile heat races that set the rest of the Daytona 500 field – takes place at 7 p.m. EST on Thursday, Feb. 13 with live coverage on FS1. Daytona Speedweeks then culminates with the 62nd running of the Daytona 500 at 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 16, with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its prerace show at 1 p.m.