Aric Almirola Wants Another Win in Famed 43
Richard Petty Motorsports will be making its 42nd start at the Texas Motor Speedway this weekend. The team has one pole at the track and a best finish of fifth.
Aric Almirola will be making his 14th start at the fast, mile-and-a-half oval. He has a best start of third and finish of seventh, both coming with Richard Petty Motorsports.
"Our goal is to always win, that hasn't changed. The next three races, yeah, it'd be pretty special to get another win. Over the past six years, the folks at RPM have become friends and more like family to Janice and I. The best way to celebrate as a group is in Victory Lane. We have done that, and we did bring the No. 43 back to Victory Lane for Richard. It's something I'd like to do one more time before the season ends.
"We're all pulling together to still do the best we can. We were encouraged with some better finishes the past month. We qualified well at Martinsville, but didn't finish where we wanted. Our intermediate cars have been getting better. We had a fast car at Kansas and hopefully we have a fast Smithfield Ford Fusion in Texas. We'd all like to get another win or two."
« Stage Points A Huge Factor In Blaney’s Playoff Hopes Leavine Family Racing Homecoming At Texas Motor Speedway »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Eddie Tafoya impressive during Indiana Sprint Week -- headed back for Smackdown
- Self Makes it a 2020 DAYTONA Sweep, Winning Historical Road Course Race
- Andretti Blazes Top ‘Fast Friday’ Lap since 1996 as Andretti Autosport Flexes Muscle
- Fans Can Enjoy Indy 500 Qualifying on NBC Sports, Pennzoil INDYCAR Radio Network
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway