Almirola and Team Ready for Final Fall Race in New Hampshire
Aric Almirola and the No. 43 Smithfield Ford team will head to New Hampshire for the final fall event at the mile-track. The team has some good finishes at the short track. They struggled with the handling earlier this year but have worked on getting a good setup to unload this weekend.
Almirola has 14 Monster Energy Series starts where he scored one Top-Five (fifth in 2013) and two Top-10 finishes. He also has one XFINITY and five Camping World Truck Series starts where he scored one Top-Five and three Top-10 finishes.
Almirola will meet with fans and sign autographs while they check out the newest Berkshire boat at Irwin Marine.
When: Friday, September 22, 7:30 p.m.
Where: Irwin Marine, 958 Union Ave, Laconia, NH 03246
"New Hampshire Motor Speedway can be a challenge to get a handle on because it's such a unique racetrack. It's flat, and the corners are really long. You spend more time in the corners there than you do on the straightaways which is much different than most of the tracks that we go to. So you have to have a car that is turning well, but, at the same time, you have a car that's driving off of the corner with a lot of rear grip. It can be really hard to find that balance. But, we've run well there in the past, and I think we have some good notes from earlier this year, so I look forward to our last fall stop at New Hampshire."
« Motorcraft/Quick Lane Team Heads to New Hampshire 10th in Points Kevin Harvick Trying for a Playoff Repeat at the Magic Mile »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Climbs to Top of Speed Chart as 'Fast Friday' Looms Large at Indy
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach honored in NASCAR hauler salute to healthcare heroes Powered by Verizon
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self ready to tackle Daytona Road Course
- Rimrock Companies joins GFR as an associate sponsor at Daytona Road Course
- Temecula Road to Perform National Anthem for UNOH 188 at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Aug. 15