Accident Ends Patrick's Day at Bristol
Stage 1 Recap (Ended on lap 125):
● Danica Patrick started 29th and finished 27th.
● The No. 10 Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ford Fusion was “a little tight off throttle” in the initial run. Patrick went a lap down to the leader during the first stage.
● Patrick pitted for tires, fuel and adjustments during the stage to help improve the handling of her racecar.
Stage 2 Recap (Ended on lap 250):
● Patrick started 29th and finished 26th.
● Patrick climbed five positions to reach 24th midway through the stage before damage to the right-rear tire slowed her progress.
● Crew chief Billy Scott called for a pair of pit stops late in the stage to fix damage to the right rear and a hole in the nose of the car.
Final Stage Recap (Ended on lap 500):
● Patrick started 26th and finished 36th.
● Scott elected to keep Patrick out between stages so she could wave around and restart one lap down to the leader.
● At lap 325, contact from the No. 38 entry of David Ragan sent Patrick into the outside wall. That damage sustained by the No. 10 Mobil 1 Annual Protection Ford was too great to continue, thus ending the team’s day.
● Following the incident, Patrick was evaluated and released from the Bristol Motor Speedway infield care center.
● Patrick leaves Bristol with a total of 91 points for the season thus far. She is ranked 30th in the driver point standings heading into next weekend’s event.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Pit Pay announces Pit Pay Pole Challenge
- Entry Deadline For 2020 Lucas Oil Tulsa Shootout Is Approaching
- Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Ed Clark wins 2019 O. Bruton Smith Award
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award