Artist Scott LoBaido Honor's Richard Petty's 80th Birthday at Daytona
Artist Scott LoBaido, world renown for his patriotic paintings, will do a special three-minute speed painting for "The King" leading up to NASCAR's biggest race, the Daytona 500. NASCAR Hall of Famer Richard Petty is the definition of Americana, which is LoBaido's specialty. LoBaido will paint the Stars and Stripes live from the Fanatics tent in the Daytona International Speedway Fanzone to a three-minute version of "God Bless America" recording by America's tenor Daniel Rodriguez. At the end of the painting, LoBaido will reveal a special tribute to "The King" previously painted. He will then present the painting to Petty.
Fans are invited to watch LoBaido paint his present to "The King" at 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, February 25 at the Fanatics Trackside Superstore in the Fanzone, where they will also have the opportunity to purchase a wide variety of Daytona 500 and NASCAR products at the track and online at Fanatics.com.
"For the last 30 years, I have used my artistic talent to celebrate the greatness of America using paint and brush," said LoBaido. "Although I am from NYC, I have been a diehard NASCAR fan since childhood. This will be my eighth Daytona race, but this one is special. I am honored, so very honored, to have the privilege to not only perform and paint in front of 'The King' personally, but to present one of my American works of art to a true American Legend."
Fans at home can tune into Richard Petty Motorsports Facebook page for a LIVE viewing of the painting on Saturday morning.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- CITGO Petroleum Corporation to Back John Hunter Nemechek in Rookie Season
- Richmond Raceway & Virginia Lottery Partner for Concert Series at Virginia Credit Union LIVE
- The BIGGEST Party in the South Returns – the “Big One on the Blvd.” at Talladega Superspeedway – with Blasts from the Past!
- Flores missing qualifying on Friday at Atlantic City but still plans to win on Saturday
- Kurt Busch Continues Commitment to Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers Through Race Ticket Giveaway Program
More in this category: « NASCAR Launches NASCAR TrackPass to Expand Reach of Live Racing Content Stenhouse Jr. and Brian Pattie Join Forces for the 2017 Season »