"I raced at Phoenix once in the K&N Series before they repaved it. It was a lot of fun then, and it was a worn-out surface. When they repaved it, it became more of a one-groove track. From the recent tests there a few week ago, people are saying it's starting to get back like the old Phoenix. So, that's a good direction to go. But it is fun. It's challenging with two different corners. You have one sweeping corner and one really tight corner. And that brings shifting into the equation, and it makes restarts a handful. And then with the dogleg on the backstretch, it makes it even more wild and exciting."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's race will be Moffitt's second Sprint Cup start at Phoenix International Raceway... He finished 32nd in his first Cup start at the one-mile oval in March ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for Sunday's race.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans Race for Heroes 500 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Kevin Adams Wins UMP Modified Winternationals Finale by .037 at East Bay
- Jarvis Inherits Top Starting Spot for Sunday’s Motul Pole Award 100 at the DAYTONA Road Course
- Duane Howard set for Grandview season, some changes for 602 sportsman
- Drake Troutman Steals Round 4 of UMP Modified Winternationals at East Bay
- UMP Modified Chassis Brands Ready to Square-Off at 50th DIRTcar Nationals