"Michigan is definitely fast and it's smooth. But it's very aero-dependent. So, if you get behind a few cars, you can really struggle for grip. Clean air is just such a benefit. You can maximize all the speed that you can.
"I ran the first race there last year, and the racing groove was definitely expanding. It's not back where it was before the repave when they ran all the way up to the fence, but hopefully it's opened up enough to help get some clean air."
JUST THE FACTS: Sunday's Quicken Loans 400 will be Moffitt's second Sprint Cup start at Michigan International Speedway ... Moffitt earned his third consecutive Sunoco Rookie of the Race award last week at Pocono Raceway ... The Dockside Logistics colors return to the No. 34 Ford for the Michigan race ... Cottage Inn Pizza joins the team as an associate sponsor.
Brett Moffitt Front Row Motorsports Quicken Loans 400 Preview
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Eddie Tafoya impressive during Indiana Sprint Week -- headed back for Smackdown
- Self Makes it a 2020 DAYTONA Sweep, Winning Historical Road Course Race
- Andretti Blazes Top ‘Fast Friday’ Lap since 1996 as Andretti Autosport Flexes Muscle
- Fans Can Enjoy Indy 500 Qualifying on NBC Sports, Pennzoil INDYCAR Radio Network
- New COVID-Safe Tour Offers Fans Unique Way to Visit Charlotte Motor Speedway