Chris Buescher Front Row Motorsports Duck Commander 500 Race Preview
"It's always fun going to your home track. My parents and sisters are going to drive up from the Austin area. I've got a lot of friends and people I haven't seen in a while coming out, so that will be fun. I usually stay for the Cup race and go watch from the grandstands with Mom and Dad, so it will be a little bit different this time around, but I'm not complaining about that.
"Texas Motor Speedway is a place where I've had ups and downs. This year, the tracks we go to with worn-out asphalt and a lot of tire fall-off, those are the places we seem to be a little bit better and more consistent. So, that bodes well for us as we head to Texas."
JUST THE FACTS: Saturday night's Duck Commander 500 will be Buescher's first Sprint Cup start at Texas Motor Speedway ... He is a native of nearby Prosper, Texas ... The race will be the 22-year-old's third race with Front Row Motorsports, filling in while David Ragan subs for the injured Kyle Busch in the No. 18 car ... Buescher has two top-25 finishes behind the wheel of the No. 34 Ford ... He has three XFINITY Series starts at Texas, with two top-20 finishes.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Ferrucci gets INDYCAR contingent off to strong start at Chili Bowl
- IMS Museum Hits Goal in Dan Gurney Lotus 29/1 Restoration Fundraising
- Chase Elliott, Daytona International Speedway Partner on Special DAYTONA 500 Ticket Package
- Schlüter-Systems Debuts New Scheme for LaJoie, GFR in 2020
- Decker Joining Niece Motorsports For NASCAR Truck Series, Continuing With Tony AVE For West Coast Trans-Am Championship Run
More in this category: « AdvoCare Double-Header with Roush Fenway Racing This Weekend in Texas Cole Whitt Front Row Motorsports Duck Commander 500 Race Preview »