Ragan Likes Speed of Phoenix Short Track
David Ragan, driver of the No. 34 Taco Bell Ford, comments on racing at Phoenix International Raceway:
"Phoenix is racing like a mile-and-a-half track now. It's still got a lot of grip, and it's very fast. You're really rolling there a lot faster than you were a few years back. It's a great racetrack. They always pack the stands there. And it's got the cool characteristic of a short-track size, but the grip allows you to really run hard all day.
"It's interesting, we go back to these racetracks -- it's been maybe eight months since we were there -- to see how the track has changed. Obviously they've had a hot summer. We'll see if the track has lost some grip. But we definitely want to have some strong finishes to end our season on. And we've learned a lot this year on both the short tracks and the mile-and-a-halfs, which should help us out in these last couple races."
JUST THE FACTS: Ragan has 15 Sprint Cup career starts at Phoenix International Raceway ... He has one top-10 finish at the one-mile oval ... His best finish at Phoenix is 10th (2008) .... Taco Bell returns as primary sponsor of the No. 34 Ford for Sunday's race.
« Gilliland: 'You Can Really Let Your Car Go' at Phoenix Aaron's Dream Machine Phoenix Preview - Ariz. State To Honor Former Tight End Now No. 55 Jackman »
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dixon Climbs to Top of Speed Chart as 'Fast Friday' Looms Large at Indy
- AdventHealth Daytona Beach honored in NASCAR hauler salute to healthcare heroes Powered by Verizon
- AM Racing, Austin Wayne Self ready to tackle Daytona Road Course
- Rimrock Companies joins GFR as an associate sponsor at Daytona Road Course
- Temecula Road to Perform National Anthem for UNOH 188 at Daytona International Speedway on Saturday, Aug. 15