NSCS: Keselowski Wins Richmond Pole
Brad Keselowski will start on the pole for the Federated Auto Parts 400 at the Richmond International Raceway. Keselowski's fastest time came in the final round with a 21.324 seconds, 126.618 mph on his second of two laps. The pole for Saturday's race will mark his fourth of the season and his seventh in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. It'll mark the 21st time of the 2014 season that he has started a race from inside the top-10.
Jeff Gordon will roll from the second starting position after posting a fast time of 21.422 seconds, 126.039 mph. Gordon was the fastest driver in the first round of qualifying but wasn't able to back it up in the final round. It'll be the 17th time of the year that Gordon has started from inside the top-10. He was just 0.098 seconds behind the pole sitter's lap time in the final round of knockout qualifying.
Starting from the third position will be Jeff Gordon's teammate, Jimmie Johnson. Johnson's fast time of 21.446 seconds, 125.898 mph. came on his first of four laps in the final round of qualifying. He goes into the race on Saturday sitting sixth in the Sprint Cup Series points standings and looks to capture his fourth win of the year.
Clay Rodgers, who was looking to make his NASCAR Sprint Cup Series debut, was the only car that failed to qualify. David Ragan and Ryan Truex had camber issues through technical inspection and wasn't able to make a lap in the first round.
You can catch the Federated Auto Parts 400 live on ABC at 7:30 p.m. Et. The Motor Racing Network will carry the live radio broadcast of the event.
Brett has been following the sport of NASCAR since the beginning of the 2006 NASCAR Sprint Cup season. Since Brett was 13, he has had a passion of chasing a job in sports that not many get the opportunity of doing. He has been in the NASCAR media since the middle of the 2010 season. Since then, he has been a part of many racing podcast shows to improve his talents. You can find him on twitter @NASCAR_Brett.
Latest from Brett Winningham
- ARCA West: Sammy Smith wins Desert Diamond Casino West valley 100 at Phoenix; Jake Drew Claims 2022 Driver Championship
- NWMT: Corey LaJoie Wins Virginia is for Racing Lovers 200; Jon McKennedy Secures 2022 Championship at Martinsville
- Matt Hirschman Wins Virginia is for Racing Lovers 200 Pole at Martinsville Speedway
- NCS: Bubba Wallace Receives One Race Suspension; Other Penalties Announced Following Las Vegas
- ARCA: Sammy Smith Wins Shore Lunch 200 at Toledo; Nick Sanchez Claims 2022 ARCA Menards Series Title