The Jimmie Johnson Foundation announced today the five winners of the Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope, a program that allows fans and consumers across the country to nominate not-for-profit (501c3) organizations that support K-12 public education. Each of the winners will be awarded a $25,000 grant.
The 5 winners are:
- Crayons to Classrooms in Dayton, Ohio
- Champions for Learning in Naples, Florida
- HEART Tutoring in Charlotte, N.C.
- Le Mars Community Schools Foundation in LeMars, Iowa
- Reading Partners in Denver, Colorado
The final five were selected via public vote. Approximately 438,658 votes were cast for the 10 semifinalists during the voting period.
“We are thrilled with this year’s Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program,” Johnson said. The competition was tough. The public rallied around the semifinalists to show their support. It was exciting to see the number of votes go up each day. All of the semifinalist organizations were very deserving. Chani (wife) and I are honored that the Jimmie Johnson Foundation, in partnership with Blue Bunny, is able to support the great work of the 5 winners.”
In addition to a $25,000 grant, each of the five winners will receive a Blue Bunny ice cream party and special recognition on Johnson’s race helmet during the Sprint Cup Series race on July 27, 2014 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway. To date, the Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope program has contributed more than $560,000 to 71 different charities.
“Congratulations to the five winners of the 2014 Blue Bunny Helmet of Hope grants,” stated Mike Wells, President & CEO, Wells Enterprises, Inc., maker of Blue Bunny ice cream. “The rallying effort by the fans and supporters of each of the 10 semifinalists was impressive and illustrates the energy and passion around the purpose and mission of each organization. It is an honor to help each of them further the important work they are committed to around education.”
Jimmie Johnson Foundation PR
- 2024 Trackhouse Racing Advance – Ambetter Health 400 Atlanta - February 20, 2024
- Trenton’s East Coast Indoor Dirt Nationals Winner To Receive Special Rob Vivona Memorial Trophy, Named after Inaugural Race Winner - February 20, 2024
- Kaleb Johnson Eager for New Experiences With a Busy Racing Schedule Planned in 2024 - February 20, 2024