Sprint announced today a new way for race fans to access NASCAR Sprint Cup SeriesTM content through the latest addition to its ever-growing menu of customizable ID Packs, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack. Only available to Sprint customers, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack transforms Sprint ID-capable devices into the ultimate accessory for race fans, providing instant access to their favorite drivers, live race radio broadcasts, news, videos and more.
Part of Sprint ID, a service that downloads apps, widgets, wallpapers, ringtones and other content related to a person’s interest at the push of a button, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack allows fans to access Sprint’s exclusive NASCAR Sprint Cup Series content directly from their device’s home screen. To learn more about Sprint ID, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid.
“NASCAR fans are passionate about their sport and want access to the latest information about their favorite drivers and teams,” said Tim Considine, director of sports marketing at Sprint. “With the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack, we are able to deliver an amazing level of news and content in one convenient package. The NASCAR Sprint Cup ID pack will make it easier than ever for race fans to stay close to the action and is yet another way that Sprint is using its advanced wireless technology to bring NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fans closer to the sport.”
A must-have for any NASCAR fan, the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack allows users to cut through the clutter and receive only the information they find important, transforming their phone into a reflection of themselves.
The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack includes access to:
- NASCAR Sprint Cup MobileSM Widget: Provides fans the latest information, including the upcoming race location, date, time and broadcast network. During races, fans can find out their favorite driver’s leaderboard position, the flag status, how many laps have been completed, and which drivers are currently running in the top five. It also links to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile application main menu.
- NASCAR on SPEEDTM: Links to the live NASCAR on SPEED channel on Sprint TV. Content includes select live events (the Gatorade Duel at Daytona in February, the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and the Sprint Pit Crew Challenge in May) as well as all NASCAR Sprint Cup Series practice and qualifying sessions. See the latest SPEED video on demand, including NASCAR Trackside, NASCAR Live, NASCAR RaceDay and NASCAR Victory Lane.
- NASCAR Video on Demand: See the latest NASCAR.com video on demand features, including Final Laps, Race Rewind, Press Pass, Sights and Sounds, NASCAR Preview and the Fantasy Showdown.
- Miss Sprint Cup Widget: Displays the latest social media updates and photos from Miss Sprint Cup, with links to additional social media posts.
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Series News Widget: Displays the latest headline news stories, with links to the full stories and additional news.
- Countdown and Weather Widget: Displays the countdown to the upcoming race, as well as the latest weather forecast for that event.
In addition to the apps and widgets mentioned above, users can personalize their device with NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wallpapers, such as their favorite race track or Miss Sprint Cup photos, as well as NASCAR Sprint Cup Series and Miss Sprint Cup ringtones.
Sprint ID-capable devices include LG Optimus STM, Sanyo ZioTM, Samsung TransformTM, Samsung EpicTM 4G and Samsung Galaxy TabTM and Sprint ID packs are free to download with an Everything Data plan from Sprint. For more information about the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Sprint ID pack, visit http://tinyurl.com/NASCARSprintCupIDPack.
Users can download up to four additional ID packs onto their device, in addition to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series ID pack and MyID, which range from golf enthusiast to business pro to other branded packs, such as MTV Music ID. To see all Sprint ID packs, visit www.sprint.com/sprintid.