"The Lost Trailers" to headline Brad Keselowski's Checkered Flag Foundation's Memorial Day Celebration
2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Brad Keselowski and his Checkered Flag Foundation (CFF) have a fun-filled party planned for Memorial Day featuring a live concert from "The Lost Trailers." The good news? You're invited!
The event, themed "Remembering Our Heroes," will feature cycling events in the morning and then conclude in the evening with a first-class dinner provided by the 220 Cafe, a live 90-minute concert from Nashville Recording Artists, "The Lost Trailers" and a silent auction full of collectible memorabilia ranging from drivers' suits and sheet metal to autographed guitars to fully stocked gift baskets from national and local merchants. All proceeds from the event will benefit CFF and its mission to support those who have sacrificed for the rest of us.
The all-day event, which begins with the combined start of the 20, 50- and100-kilometer social bike ride at 8:30 a.m. from Penske Racing, will also feature a Celebrity Trike Challenge with local businesses taking on NASCAR teams on big-boy tricyles in head-to-head competition. Keselowski and his Penske Racing teammates will take on challengers from Brad Keselowski Racing, JR Motorsports, Motor Racing Outreach, military teams and more! Sponsorship for the event has been graciously provided by Penske Racing, Carlisle, Lionel, Draw-Tite, and Miller Lite.
According to Keselowski, the foundation's president and current NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion, the event is geared toward a wide audience with the importance of the Memorial Day holiday in mind.
"When you think of Memorial Day, you think of a day you spend remembering those who have made great sacrifices for us to do what we like to do, which in my case is driving a race car mostly in circles," Keselowski said. "I can't think of a better way to spend the holiday than by spending it with my friends, supporters, veterans and current military members celebrating our nation's heroes for a worthwhile cause. I also think it's pretty cool that the guys from 'The Lost Trailers' are going to play for us. It will be a great day."
"We are very excited to be headlining Brad's Checkered Flag Foundation's Memorial Day celebration," said The Lost Trailers founder Stokes Nielson. "We feel very honored to be a part of this celebration. We hope people will bring their family and friends to have a great time with us while remembering and celebrating those who have sacrificed for our great nation."
Costs for the individual events are:
* $35 for the 100-kilometer social ride; $30 for the 50-kilometer social ride; $25 for the 20-kilometer social rides (fees go up $5 if you register the day of the event). Entry fee includes technical t-shirt, in-race route support, a custom finisher's medal and a post-race lunch with beverages and karaoke included. Register here: Cycling Registration
* $500 donation for the four-person Celebrity Trike Challenge, which includes four technical t-shirts and finishers' medals for all. Field will be capped at 30 teams. Top-three teams will be invited to a private meet and greet with "The Lost Trailers" band members.
Register here: Trike Challenge Registration
* $55 per person or $350/table of eight for entry to the dinner and concert. Includes dinner and beverages, as well as entry to the concert. Tickets may be purchased in person at the Penske Racing Gift Shop (200 Penske Way, Mooresville, NC 28115) or at Brad Keselowski Racing (380 Performance Drive, Mooresville, NC 28115). You can also visit www.checkeredflagfoundation.org. Admission will be limited to 500 guests. Discount available to military (active, Reserve, retired with ID) and first responders.
Dinner/Concert Registration here:
Checkered Flag Foundation PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Pit Pay announces Pit Pay Pole Challenge
- Entry Deadline For 2020 Lucas Oil Tulsa Shootout Is Approaching
- Atlanta Motor Speedway’s Ed Clark wins 2019 O. Bruton Smith Award
- Lucas Oil Chili Bowl Nationals Early Entry Deadline Approaching Fast
- South Carolina NASCAR Fan Joe Vaughn, Project HOPE Foundation Win The NASCAR Foundation’s 9th Annual Betty Jane France Humanitarian Award