Justin Lofton Talladega Superspeedway Event Preview
- No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet turns pink... Justin Lofton and the No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle team will have a new look this weekend to raise awareness about breast cancer. The truck will add pink to its paint scheme for the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) races at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway and Martinsville (Va.) Speedway during the month of October. The No. 6 Eddie Sharp Racing (ESR) team hopes to utilize the platform to help raise awareness and educate NASCAR fans on the important role that early detection plays in the survival of one of the most common forms of cancer.
- Taking on the desert... While the majority of the NCWTS will enjoy back-to-back off-weekends, Lofton won't stay away from racing that long. The 26-year-old will take a couple days getting back to his roots to compete off-road with the Best in the Desert Racing Association. Lofton will participate in the Bluewater Desert Challenge in Parker, Ariz., October 12-14. The NCWTS regular will pair with his father Bob Lofton and racer Jorge Lameda in the two-day event across the Arizona desert. The trio will compete in the class 1500 while racing the No. 1577 Lofton Cattle Jimco trophy truck.
- Home stretch in the points battle... With just five races remaining, the battle is on for the NCWTS championship. Lofton enters the Coca-Cola 250 powered by fred's at Talladega Superspeedway in the seventh position, just 65 points out of the championship point lead, and 24 points behind fifth place. The 26-year-old led the standings through three events earlier this season, and notched both his first career win and first career pole during a career-best year. Lofton's best prior points finish was 12th in 2010.
- Meet Justin Lofton...Lofton will join his ESR teammate Cale Gale at the Chevy Stage at 1:45 p.m. CT on Friday afternoon. The duo will be available to answer fans' questions and sign autographs. Following the appearance, the ESR drivers will be at the NCWTS autograph session, which will take place under the OV Hill South Grandstands at 2:15 p.m. CT.
- Follow Justin... Follow Justin Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@jlracing) and facebook (facebook.com/jlracing), and visit loftonracing.com for the latest news and updates. Find out the latest news and updates about Lofton's business, J6INK on twitter (@j6ink) and online at www.j6ink.com.
- Get the Inside Scoop on ESR... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on twitter or become a fan on facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen...The NCWTS heads to Talladega Superspeedway this weekend as the championship battle continues at NASCAR's longest track on Saturday, Oct. 6. Live coverage of the Coca-Cola 250 powered by fred's will be aired on SPEED, MRN & SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, beginning at 3:30 p.m. ET. Qualifying from the 2.66-mile track will also be aired on Friday evening at 5 p.m. ET on SPEED.
From the Driver's Seat
Justin Lofton Quotes... On getting back in the truck at Talladega: "I'm so ready to go superspeedway racing. I want to put Vegas behind me right now and focus on getting another win this season. The third-place finish we earned at Daytona International Speedway earlier this season makes me confident that we can run well. Hopefully we'll have more luck on our side this weekend and end up celebrating in victory lane."
On racing a pink truck at Talladega: "The best way to survive breast cancer is early dedication, which is achieved more easily with education and awareness. It affects tens of thousands of men and women across the United States. With millions of NASCAR fans around the globe, we decided to take matters into our own hands and help spread awareness with the No. 6 Weekend Warriors Productions / Lofton Cattle Chevrolet."
From the Pit Box
Eddie Troconis Quotes... On getting past Las Vegas and preparing for Talladega: "Last weekend was a tough one for us, but to focus on the positives, we had a fast truck and our team worked great together. I had hoped for a better finish in my debut as an ESR crew chief, but I have no problem finding those results at Talladega. Justin doesn't give up, and our focus is to look forward and capture another win."
Justin Lofton PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013