James Buescher Las Vegas Preview
No. 31 Great Clips Chevrolet News and Notes
- Rolling the dice in Vegas…James Buescher and the No.31 Great Clips Chevrolet Silverado returns to the desert for their yearly visit to Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Buescher and the Turner Motorsports team is coming off a dominant win at Kentucky Speedway and the team’s fourth win on an intermediate 1.5-mile oval. Buescher has an average finish of 6.2 on 1.5-mile ovals in 2012.
- A cut above the rest…Turner Motorsports welcomes back long-time sponsor, Great Clips, back to the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS). For the first time this season, Great Clips will adorn the side of the No. 31. Great Clips, Inc. was established in 1982 in Minneapolis. Today, Great Clips has more than 3,000 salons throughout the United States and Canada, making it the world's largest salon brand. Great Clips salons employ nearly 30,000 stylists who receive ongoing training to learn advanced skills and the latest trends. Make Great Clips your choice for value-priced, high-quality haircare for men, women and children. No appointments needed, and salons are open nights and weekends. And, it's more convenient than ever with Great Clips' Online Check-In. To check-in online, visit www.greatclips.com or download the app for Android and iPhone. For more information about Great Clips, Inc. or to find a location near you, visit www.greatclips.com.
- This Week’s Silverado…The No. 31 Great Clips Chevrolet Silverado team will unload chassis TMS-220. This chassis’ first race was at Atlanta where it finished third.
- Last Race Recap…Buescher and the No. 31 Turner Motorsports Chevrolet team completed the sweep in the "Bluegrass State" this weekend, a win that was also the team’s fourth of the season. Buescher closed the gap in the NCWTS championship point standings and now sits just four points behind the leader.
- Watch LIVE…The Smith’s 350 can be seen on Saturday, September 29th on SPEED. Race coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST. During SPEED’s NCWTS Setup show, a special segment featuring all of the Turner Motorsports drivers visiting Churchill Downs last week. In addition, the No. 31 Great Clips Chevy Silverado will carry an in-truck camera again this weekend. The event can also be heard live on MRN Radio as well as Sirius Satellite Radio, channel 90.
- Buescher in 2012…Voting for NASCAR’s Most Popular Driver has opened. A new fan element has been added this season where you could win an all-expense paid trip for two to the 2012 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Awards Banquet in Miami, FL. To vote, log on to www.NASCAR.com/ncwtsmpd . Vote one time per 24 hours until November 19th.
- Paintball Pros…James Buescher and his Turner Motorsports teammates will be teaming up with paintball star Greg Hastings in Las Vegas for a head-to-head battle prior to the September 29th race at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). Buescher, along with Nelson Piquet Jr., Miguel Paludo and wife Kris Buescher, will join forces with SPEED on-air talent Ray Dunlap and Rick Allen to take on each other and some of paintball's most prestigious professional players including Hastings, Bea Youngs, Kat Secor and Sonny Lopez. The event, which will be held at Las Vegas Premier Paintball in Las Vegas Sports Park, is open to spectators and will feature a 30-minute autograph session with the Turner Motorsports drivers and paintball players. The autograph session will be followed by four to six combat-style games between the drivers, media and pros.
- Great Clips goes racing with the World of Outlaws in 2012! Great Clips will serve as sponsor for KKR driver Joey Saldana for the 2012 World of Outlaws season. The Minneapolis-based company has been a sponsor of KKR for the past two seasons. This year, they will be featured on all three KKR entries - as a primary sponsor on the #9 with Saldana as well as associate sponsor placement on Brad Sweet’s #49 and Cody Darrah’s #5 World of Outlaws cars.
- 12 Years and Counting… Great Clips, Inc. is currently the longest-running sponsor in the NNS and has used the Nationwide Series as their primary marketing platform for the last 11 years. Their sponsorship began in 2000 with Akins Motorsports as they climbed on board to sponsor the team’s No. 38 entry with driver, Christian Elder. Mark Green piloted the No. 38 for one season before general manager, Doug Stringer, hired up-and-coming talent, Kasey Kahne, thereby solidifying Great Clips’ commitment to their NASCAR sponsorship.
- Buescher on returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway –
“The team and I are really confident that we can go to Vegas and win this race after last weekend’s performance. We had some trouble the week prior in Iowa, but this team never gives up. That is the type of performance you need to win championships. Las Vegas Motor Speedway falls right into our wheel house with it being an intermediate track and I would love to take Great Clips to victory lane again this weekend.”
Turner Motorsports PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013