Justin Lofton Iowa Speedway Event Preview
- Back to America's Heartland... Justin Lofton and the No. 6 Lofton Cattle team will return to Iowa Speedway after finishing fifth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) race at the 0.875-mile speedway just two months ago. Lofton rolled off third in the American Ethanol 200 and spent the majority of the evening racing inside the top five as the Lofton Cattle team utilized caution periods to fine-tune the handling of their Chevrolet. Racing in a three-wide pack with just over 30 laps to go, Lofton was forced off the throttle and lost a few positions as a result. However, the championship contender methodically hunted down his competition and raced through the field to score a fifth-place finish in just his third NCWTS start at Iowa Speedway.
- Always at the track, Lofton goes to 'Dega... Lofton joined his Eddie Sharp Racing (ESR) teammate Cale Gale on a trip to Birmingham last week to promote next month's NCWTS race at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. The teammates helped kick off the college football season with a tailgate party at WJOX-FM before visiting third-grade students at Moody Elementary School. The duo wrapped up their day at a private meet and greet with breast cancer survivors at America's First Federal Credit Union in Trussville, Ala. The drivers surprised three ladies with autographs and free tickets for the Fred's 250 at Talladega Superspeedway.
- Working hard on & off the track... Lofton continues to stay busy off the track with two of his major business ventures-Weekend Warriors Productions and J6INK. Lofton will join the Weekend Warriors Productions crew this week on a trip to Nashville, Tenn. to meet with record song writer and producer Billy Austin. Lofton and Austin hope to work on some opportunities to enable Weekend Warriors Productions to produce videos for additional music artists in and around the Nashville area. Additionally, Lofton continues to work to expand J6INK-the vinyl, decal and design company launched by the NCWTS star just a few weeks ago.
- Fighting for the Championship... With eight races scheduled over the next 10 weeks, the battle is on for the NCWTS championship. Lofton enters the American Ethanol 200 at Kentucky Speedway in the fifth position, just 31 points out of the championship point lead, and six points behind third place. The 26-year-old led the standings through three events earlier this season, and notched both his first career win and first career pole during a career-best year.
- Meet Justin... Justin Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado, will make an appearance with his ESR teammate Cale Gale on Saturday afternoon at the Chevy Stage. Located in the midway, fans are invited to meet the ESR driver lineup at 2:45 p.m. ET. The drivers will answer fans' questions before signing autographs and taking photos.
- Follow Justin... Follow Justin Lofton, driver of the No. 6 Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Silverado, on twitter (@jlracing) and facebook(facebook.com/jlracing), and visit loftonracing.comfor the latest news and updates.
- Get the Inside Scoop... Follow Eddie Sharp Racing on twitter or become a fan on facebook to get real-time updates and behind-the-scenes information: @TeamESR or facebook.com/teamesr.
- Watch and Listen... The fight for the championship continues this weekend as competitors of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series return to Iowa Speedway on Saturday, September 15. Get ready for all the action with coverage of qualifying from the 0.875-mile track on Saturday, at 6:30 p.m. ET. Live coverage of the American Ethanol 200 presented by Hy-Vee will be aired on SPEED, MRN & SiriusXM NASCAR Radio, channel 90, beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET.
From the Driver's Seat
Justin Lofton Quotes... On racing hard at Iowa Speedway: "I ran well at Iowa in July, so I'm looking forward to getting back there. I'm focused on contending in the championship hunt. As a team, we have all been working to improve on the things we can control and everything else should fall into place from there."
From the Pit Box
Dan Bormann Quotes... On racing with the No. 6 Lofton Cattle Chevrolet team in Iowa: "We're taking the same truck that we raced earlier this season at Iowa Speedway when we finished fifth. Justin and all the guys on the Lofton Cattle team have been working hard and are staying focused on the big picture with our championship run. We have proven to be one of the strongest teams all season, and we don't plan on giving up now."
No. 6 Lofton Cattle Chevrolet Truck Information
The No. 6 Lofton Cattle Chevrolet team will compete with chassis No. 049 as their primary truck at Iowa Speedway. It is the same chassis the team utilized earlier this season in Iowa. In that event, Lofton rolled off third and crossed the finish line in the fifth position. More recently, Lofton and the No. 6 team utilized chassis No. 049 at Pocono Raceway where the championship contender drove to a ninth-place finish after rolling off 35th.
Justin Lofton PR
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013