In his second NASCAR Gander Outdoors Truck Series start of the season, Las Vegas native, Kyle Busch, earned his 53rd series win. Busch led 110 of the 134 laps, en route to a dominating victory. The owner-driver qualified his No. 51 Cessna Tundra on the pole and then won each stage and the overall victory.
Stage One Recap:
- The 33-year-old posted the fastest lap in qualifying for the Strat 200 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.
- Busch led every lap of the first stage, relinquishing the lead only for pit stops after the stage caution flew.
- Busch earned the stage win, and crew chief Rudy Fugle brought him to pit road following the stage for four tires, fuel and adjustments.
Stage Two Recap:
- Busch began the second stage in the eighth position, and worked his way through traffic to regain the race lead with five laps remaining in Stage Two.
- He reported that his Toyota Tundra was tight in the center of the corner and off, and Fugle brought him to pit road for four fresh Goodyear tires and fuel, as well as an adjustment.
Stage Three Recap:
- The third stage began with Busch firmly in control in the Cessna Tundra, where he stayed until he visited pit road under green flag conditions for his final scheduled two-tire stop.
- When stops cycled through with 15 laps to go, Busch was once again at the front of the field, where he stayed until the checkers flew, earning his 53rd win in the series and propelling the No. 51 team to the top of the owner's points standings.