Cameron Hayley - 2016 Texas Recap
Cameron Hayley Race Recap:
Cameron Hayley, driver of the No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley Toyota Tundra, made his fourth Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) start in Friday night's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) Rattlesnake 400. Hayley, who has shown strength at the 1.5-mile track in his three previous starts, including three top-10 finishes, had high hopes for a solid run in the 37th annual event. Unfortunately, early contact with the No. 4 machine on lap one, when Christopher Bell missed a shift, forced Hayley to fight for "all over grip" throughout the night. Running as high as second, the ThorSport Racing driver would settle for an 18th-place finish behind race winner, William Byron.
"It was a tough night for our No. 13 Cabinets by Hayley team. We got some damage on the nose of our Tundra on the first lap when (Christopher) Bell missed a shift, and I had no where to go, which caused me to struggle with a really loose Toyota Tundra throughout the night. We were down a cylinder in the motor, and didn't have much speed. Not sure where we went wrong, but we are already focused on Iowa next week."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Brett Moffitt to Compete Full Time for Niece Motorsports in 2021
- 2021 DAYTONA 500 to Have Limited Fan Capacity; The Tradition, Pageantry, Excitement and Drama Continues on Sunday, Feb. 14
- Biohaven’s Nurtec™ ODT Partners with the Rick Ware Racing Team in the 2021 NASCAR Cup Series
- Josh Williams Is 3rd-Quarter NMPA Pocono Spirit Award Winner
- Haas F1 Team Statement Romain Grosjean – Update