Ryan Reed to Race in Daytona Truck Race for Lira Motorsports
Daytona XFINITY Series defending winner sets eyes on return trip to Victory Lane
“I’m really excited about running in the truck race at Daytona,” said Reed, who took the lead on the final lap to win his first XFINITY Series race last season at the track. “It’s a really great opportunity with Lira Motorsports and we have had a lot of success with those guys. Hopefully we can pull off back-to-back victories and really start the season on a high note.”
“Dexcom is thrilled to partner with Lira Motorsports on the race in Daytona during this paramount weekend in NASCAR’s racing season. Ryan Reed, driver of the No.58 Dexcom Ford F-150, has been a fan of our continuous glucose monitoring system, enabling him to race professionally, and helping him control his Type 1 Diabetes on the track. We are excited to see him using it in the Truck Race,” said Rick Doubleday, EVP and Chief Commercial Officer at Dexcom.
Lira Motorsports serves as a developmental team for Roush Fenway Racing and in addition to Reed’s participation in the truck race at Daytona, the team plans to run Reed in selected ARCA races later this season, with the exact dates yet to be determined.
Last season, Reed competed in three ARCA races with Lira Motorsports, recording wins at Chicagoland and Kentucky, and earning top-five finishes in all three events, while leading 102 laps. The race will mark Reed’s second start in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. He finished 17th in his series debut in Las Vegas in 2012.
The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Next Era Energy 250 is set for Feb. 19 at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be televised live on FS1.
Lira Motorsports PR
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega
- Newman, No. 6 Team Quite the Buzz, but Hungry for More
- Defending ARCA Menards Series Champion Sheldon Creed to be Inducted into International Motorsports Hall of Fame ARCA Wall of Champions
- Late Model Drivers Looking Forward, Not To The Past Headed Into Saturday’s South Boston Race