Jones’ Night Comes to an Early End at Phoenix International Raceway
“We had a really strong Lucas Oil Chevrolet tonight," added Jones. "Unfortunately, it didn’t go the way we had planned. I worked on getting around the No. 9 for a couple of laps and thought I had cleared him, but he had momentum on the top. I hate that our night was cut short, but we’ve got another shot at a win next week and I know this GMS Racing team will have another fast Chevrolet for Homestead.”
The No. 33 Lucas Oil Chevrolet was scored in the 32nd position and is now 10th in the owner championship point standings.
Adam has been a race fan since the first time he went through the tunnel under the Daytona International Speedway almost 30 years ago. He has had the privilege of traveling to races all across the state of Florida (as well as one race in Ohio), watching nearly everything with a motor compete for fame and glory, as well as participating in various racing schools to get the feel of what racecar drivers go through every week.
Adam spent several years covering motorsports for Examiner.com., where he had the opportunity to see the racing world from behind the scenes as well as the grandstands. He invites everyone to follow him on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus, and looks forward to sharing his enthusiasm for all things racing with the readers of SpeedwayDigest.com.
Be sure to tune in for his sports talk program, Thursday Night Thunder, where he discusses the latest in motorsports news with drivers, crew members, and fans. The show takes place (almost) every Thursday at 8:00 pm EST on the Speedway Digest Radio Network.
Contact Adam: Email
Latest from Adam Sinclair
- Bell Helmets Announces 2019 Seasonal 1 Line
- McAleer Breaks Through For IMSA Prototype Challenge Win At ‘Favorite Track In The World’
- Big Weekend In Sunshine State For ProX Racing Parts
- Trinkler Earns First Motul Pole Award for Team TGM In MICHELIN Pilot Challenge at Sebring
- Corvette Racing Finds Nighttime Speed, Garcia Turns Thursday’s Fastest GTLM Lap in Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring Presented by Advance Auto Parts Practice