NASCAR Fans Can Help Victims of South Carolina Flooding Through Salvation Army Relief Efforts
Nothing has caught the interest of NASCAR fans more, even during the Chase, than the devastating floods in the Southeast. Thousands have suddenly become homeless due to the widespread flooding and many are turning to the Salvation Army for help in their most difficult times.
"I can understand what the folks in South Carolina are going through," said California Clean Power Chairman of the Board Bill Gallaher, whose home state has recently suffered through drought and destructive wildfires. "We feel the need to draw attention to the people who can help those in need."
To accomplish this objective, the NTS Motorsports' No. 14 California Clean Power Chevrolet will feature a special Salvation Army message for the upcoming NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races at Talladega and Martinsville.
"I'm blown away every time I see the scenes of destruction and misery on television," said California Clean Power driver Daniel Hemric. "We can't forget the recovery effort that will be going on for months. The Salvation Army can use our donations to help people in need."
Fans will see SCFlood.org on the No. 14 and they will be encouraged to donate directly to the Salvation Army's efforts to help those affected by the flooding in South Carolina and the Southeastern United States.
"As those affected by the flooding in South Carolina rebuild their lives, The Salvation Army will continue to be there helping in every way we can. We are grateful to Daniel and the entire NTS Motorsports/California Clean Power team for their help in making sure these stories continue to get told," said Major Tom Louden, General Secretary, North and South Carolina Division, Salvation Army.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pit Stop of a Different Kind: International Motorsports Hall of Fame Outside Talladega Superspeedway a Must Visit This Week
- Starting Times Announced For Eldora Season Opener
- What’s Happenin’?! It’s Race Week at Talladega Superspeedway – Drivers and Fans Anxious for All that Awaits during Tripleheader Weekend
- Pit Viper Sunglasses To Serve As Primary Sponsor For Vinnie Miller and The No. 78 BJ McLeod Motorsports Team In Talladega
- Skillet & Sevendust to Rock Virginia Credit Union LIVE! at Richmond Raceway on Tuesday, August 13
More in this category: « Hayley hopes for a little luck and experience will net a sucessful Talladega debut Cessna Skinner round-up hoedown bash tickets available online »