Brad Keselowski Eldora Speedway Recap
Brad Keselowski said before the start of the 1-800-Car-Cash Mud Summer Classic at Eldora (Rossburg, Ohio) Speedway that one of the reasons he wanted to compete at the historic dirt track was to broaden his horizons.
It's safe to say the 2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup champion accomplished just that.
Keselowski (@keselowski) got the full experience of competing on dirt in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series Wednesday night. He slid sideways, rubbed against the outside wall and kicked up dust and even found himself in position to score a top 10 finish as the race drew to a close.
Keselowski kicked the night off with a respectable third place finish in his qualifying race. He started 11th and struggled to turn through the corners in the opening 60 lap segment. Keselowski was 18th at the time of the first competition caution. Crew chief Chad Kendrick chose not to pit and Brad lined up second when the race went green on lap 61. Keselowski had his hands full during the next 50 lap run but stayed out of trouble. He was 17th when he made a stop for four tires and adjustments during the second competition caution on lap 110.
When the final segment of the race went green, Keselowski steadily began to work his way through traffic. He climbed into the top 10 by lap 128 and moved into ninth place one lap later.
He was 10th on lap 134 of the 150 lap event when he slid from the bottom of Turn 1 into the outside wall. While bouncing off the outside wall has become common practice for the series at the half-mile dirt track, Keselowski's contact sent him to the pits for repairs. He was credited with a 28th place finish in the final rundown.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pre-Race Ceremonies presented by Virginia 811 to Create Memorable Moments for Go Bowling 250 & Federated Auto Parts 400 on Sept. 20-21
- Liberty University extends 12-race sponsorship of William Byron's No. 24 team through 2021
- Join IMS Museum’s “Over the Ropes/Under the Hood” Event Oct. 15 for Unprecedented Access to Legendary Cars, Expert Commentary
- World Wide Technology Raceway partners with IdealSeat; Is the first motorsports facility to utilize this technology
- Five Drivers Will Highlight Pre-Race Experience at Martinsville Speedway During First Data 500 Weekend