A field of dreams for Matt Crafton
Crafton, who recently participated in the Goodyear Tire Test at Iowa Speedway, has one win (2011), four top-five and eight top-10 finishes in eight starts. In fact the ThorSport Racing driver has the most top-10 finishes of any active driver entered in the field. Furthermore, Crafton is one of only four active drivers who have competed in all eight NCWTS races at the asphalt speedway, and leads all active series driver's in laps completed (1617).
Looking to keep a comfortable grip on the top spot in the NCWTS point standings, count on Matt Crafton to be a contender for victory lane on Friday night, a feat that will secure his 200th career NCWTS top-10 finish.
Sounding off - Matt Crafton:
"Iowa (Speedway) is a short track, but it races like a mile-and-a-half, to be honest. I did the Goodyear tire test there back in April, and I remember thinking that the track reminds me of racing at the old Kansas (Speedway). From the way you enter the corner to just how everything was there. It's a fast 7/8-mile race track. It's getting a lot of character to it because it's getting rough. That's what I love about a race track; when it ages. Iowa has always been a fun place to race, but Goodyear is putting a lot of work into getting the tire to fall off a little more there so I'm really looking forward to racing there this weekend."
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Richmond Raceway 2020 NASCAR Tickets On Sale to the Public on December 1
- Bluegreen Vacations To Sponsor NASCAR Cup Series Duel Races At Daytona
- Bobby Labonte Foundation Donates Proceeds to Local Charities After Record-Breaking Fundraiser
- NASCAR Champion Joey Logano Breaks Guinness World Record with World’s Longest Hot Wheels Track
- New York’s Thunder Mountain Speedway Joins DIRTcar Racing