Brad Keselowski Kentucky Post-Race
Brad Keselowski (@keselowski), driver of the No. 19 Draw-Tite Ford F-150, grabbed a fifth-place finish in Thursday night's UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway. And perhaps no driver passed more trucks for position during the 150-lap race than Keselowski. Three different times he rallied from deep in the field to charge his way back into contention and even led the race twice for 22 laps.
He and crew chief Doug Randolph chose to pit on lap 10, a strategic move designed to allow Keselowski to stay out longer in the event of a lengthy green flag run (he led laps 54-58). After his scheduled stop on lap 58, Keselowski was running fourth when the caution came out on lap 78. He and crew chief Doug Randolph chose not to pit and restarted in the lead on lap 81. Keselowski was running second when the fifth caution waved on lap 100 and he promptly pitted with the leaders but left the pits with the jack bolt wrench still on the truck. He returned to the pits one lap later to serve the penalty. Keselowski restarted 14th on lap 103, working his way through the field. He had just taken third when the sixth and final caution waved on lap 140.
Keselowski and Randolph chose to pit for right-side tires for the final dash to the finish. When the race went green on lap 142, he restarted 11th and quickly began slicing his way through the field, rallying back to fifth over the final seven laps.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- NASCAR garages opening to infield campers at AMS in 2020
- Speedway Christmas Presented by Cook Out Features Opening Night Discounts
- GMS Racing Completes Gander Truck Series Full-Time Line-Up with the Addition of Zane Smith
- Sonoma Chapter of SCC Distributes $378,000 to Sonoma County Youth Groups
- Kyle Busch Collects Second MENCS Title During Ford Championship Weekend; Homestead-Miami Speedway Turns Toward 25th Anniversary in 2020