Brad Keselowski Kentucky Post-Race
Brad Keselowski (@keselowski), driver of the No. 19 Draw-Tite Ford F-150, grabbed a fifth-place finish in Thursday night's UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway. And perhaps no driver passed more trucks for position during the 150-lap race than Keselowski. Three different times he rallied from deep in the field to charge his way back into contention and even led the race twice for 22 laps.
He and crew chief Doug Randolph chose to pit on lap 10, a strategic move designed to allow Keselowski to stay out longer in the event of a lengthy green flag run (he led laps 54-58). After his scheduled stop on lap 58, Keselowski was running fourth when the caution came out on lap 78. He and crew chief Doug Randolph chose not to pit and restarted in the lead on lap 81. Keselowski was running second when the fifth caution waved on lap 100 and he promptly pitted with the leaders but left the pits with the jack bolt wrench still on the truck. He returned to the pits one lap later to serve the penalty. Keselowski restarted 14th on lap 103, working his way through the field. He had just taken third when the sixth and final caution waved on lap 140.
Keselowski and Randolph chose to pit for right-side tires for the final dash to the finish. When the race went green on lap 142, he restarted 11th and quickly began slicing his way through the field, rallying back to fifth over the final seven laps.
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Pre-Race Ceremonies presented by Virginia 811 to Create Memorable Moments for Go Bowling 250 & Federated Auto Parts 400 on Sept. 20-21
- Liberty University extends 12-race sponsorship of William Byron's No. 24 team through 2021
- Join IMS Museum’s “Over the Ropes/Under the Hood” Event Oct. 15 for Unprecedented Access to Legendary Cars, Expert Commentary
- World Wide Technology Raceway partners with IdealSeat; Is the first motorsports facility to utilize this technology
- Five Drivers Will Highlight Pre-Race Experience at Martinsville Speedway During First Data 500 Weekend