Bad Luck Continues for Brian Ickler and the No. 7 Bullet Liner Team at Charlotte
Brian Ickler and the No. 7 Bullet Liner Toyota Tundra team were fast all day at Charlotte Motor Speedway, demonstrating that they would be a contender in Friday night's North Carolina Education Lottery 200. With inclement weather cancelling all track activity on Thursday, the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series was limited to a single, two-hour practice on Friday morning. Ickler turned in the ninth-fastest practice speed and secured his second top-five starting position (fourth, Kansas Speedway; fifth, Charlotte Motor Speedway) in the new elimination-style qualifying format that afternoon. As the sun set over the 1.5-mile speedway, the field took the green flag and in the early laps Ickler reported a loose-handling condition on the Bullet Liner machine. The Chris Carrier-led team made adjustments during routine pit stops, providing the California native with a neutral-driving Toyota Tundra. While running in the top 10 with only 30 laps remaining in the 134-lap event, two trucks in front of Ickler made contact and with nowhere to go, the No. 7 Bullet Liner machine was collected in the melee and received heavy, race-ending damage. Ickler was scored with a 23rd-place finish in the fourth event on the 2014 Camping Truck Series schedule.
Start - 5
Finish - 23
Driver Points Position - 19
Laps Led - 0
Brian Ickler Quote:
"We had a fast Bullet Liner Toyota Tundra here [at Charlotte Motor Speedway]. We have had a fast Bullet Liner Toyota all year and just have had some bad luck. I can't thank everyone enough. The guys on this team and at the shop have given me some great trucks, and Bullet Liner has stood beside me through a tough start to the season."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- Dual Dashes Settle NASCAR Modified, Winged Sprint Champions at Meridian Speedway
- Springfield (IL) Mile To Come Alive Sunday For USAC Silver Crown Race
- Talladega Superspeedway and Clyde May’s Whiskey Extend Partnership, Introduce Clyde May’s Courtyard in Brand-New Talladega Garage Experience Debuting this October
- INDYCAR Owners Know What It Takes To Win At Laguna Seca
- NASCAR Playoffs Race Weekend, Presented by Who’s Your Driver, at Richmond Raceway Preview