John Wes Townley: Red Horse Racing Pocono Raceway Post Race Report
John Wes Townley was looking forward to returning to Pocono Raceway where he earned his highest finishing position in the Truck Series (eighth) last season. Townley tied that finish earlier this season at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
Townley started 12th after qualifying was set by practice speeds due to morning inclement weather. The No. 7 Zaxby's Toyota Tundra team had a solid truck and fought through the middle of the pack, nearing the top-10 for the majority of the race. With a limited amount of laps in the Pocono Mountains 125, Townley drove a sensible race but got shuffled back on the last restart and had a 17th-place finish.
John Wes Townley talks about his race at Pocono Raceway:
"We were really hoping for a better finish today. Our Zaxby's Tundra was really good all day long and we came out relatively unscathed. I think we learned a lot and that's the important thing. We'll carry that forward to Michigan because there are some pretty high-speed corners there too. I'm not happy, but I'm not down either so that's a good thing."
Latest from Steven B. Wilson
- McReynolds to drive KBR Chevrolet at Talladega
- Thad Moffitt Hopes to Continue Petty Legacy with Win at Talladega
- Bunny Run 190 At Kingsport Speedway Canceled Due To Rain
- Thrill Seekers: Prepare To Go Over The Edge For A Worthy Cause At The Last Great Colosseum
- Iconic Names of Gordon, Earnhardt Jr. Rule the 2000s at Talladega