- Richard Childress Racing teammates finished second (Ty Dillon) and fifth (Brendan Gaughan).
- Gaughan is third in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series driver championship point standings, 35 markers behind the leader; while Dillon ranks seventh in the standings, 53 points out of the top spot.
- The No. 62 Chevrolet team is third in the Camping World Truck Series owner championship point standings, with the No. 3 team eighth in the standings.
- According to NASCAR's Post-Race Loop Data Statistics, Dillon earned the highest Driver Rating (137.4), while Gaughan ranked third with a rating of 123.4.
- Dillon and Gaughan led for a total of 120 laps ranking them first and second, respectively, in the loop data category.
- Combined, Gaughan and Dillon posted the Fastest Laps Run 59 times during the event ranking them first and second, respectively, and competed within the top 15 for the entire race.
- Dillon was the Fastest Driver Early in a Run, and Gaughan was third in the category.
- Dillon scored the highest Average Running Position of 1.916, while Gaughan ranked second with a 2.904.
- Gaughan was the Fastest Driver Late in a Run, and Dillon was fourth in the category.
- Dillon was scored as the Fastest Driver on Restarts during the 167-lap affair and posted the best Green Flag Speed while Gaughan ranked second.
- Jeb Burton earned his first career Camping World Truck Series victory at Texas Motor Speedway and was followed to the line by Dillon, German Quiroga, Matt Crafton and Gaughan.
- The next scheduled Camping World Truck Series race is the UNOH 225 at Kentucky Speedway on Thursday, June 27. The eighth race of the 2013 season is scheduled to be televised live on SPEED beginning at 8 p.m. Eastern Time and broadcast live on Motor Racing Network.
Runner-Up Finish for Dillon in the Lone Star State
Ty Dillon and the No. 3 Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet team earned a second-place finish under the lights at Texas Motor Speedway, in dominating fashion. Dillon and company started the 167-lap event from the second position and jumped to the lead on lap 12. The Welcome, N.C., native radioed to crew chief Marcus Richmond his No. 3 Chevrolet was tight on long green flag runs. The Richard Childress Racing team utilized caution periods to service the black and orange machine with four tires, fuel, chassis and air pressure adjustments to alleviate the handling issue. During the restart on lap 142, Dillon slipped to third but quickly maneuvered into the second spot with 15 laps remaining. As laps wound down, Dillon shortened the gap between him and the leader but ran out of time and crossed the finish line 0.139 seconds behind the race winner.
Start - 2 Finish - 2 Laps Led - 76 Points - 7th
TY DILLON QUOTE:"Man, I thought we had it tonight. I am so proud of Marcus (Richmond, crew chief) and the entire Bass Pro Shops Chevrolet team. They did a great job putting together this truck. We were really fast tonight and were there in the end. If I had another corner, I think we could be the one's sitting in Victory Lane tonight. We're going to carry this momentum over to Kentucky (Speedway) and get us a win."
Gaughan Continues Top-Five Streak at Texas Motor Speedway
Brendan Gaughan and Richard Childress Racing's No. 62 South Point Hotel & Casino team earned their fifth-consecutive top-five finish of the season with a fifth-place result at Texas Motor Speedway on Friday night. Gaughan started the event fourth and reported a tight-handling condition to the Shane Wilson-led crew during the early laps. Wilson called for chassis adjustments during routine four-tire pit stops throughout the 167-lap affair to aid in the handling issues Gaughan was battling. The Las Vegas native maneuvered around his RCR teammate, Ty Dillon, on lap 79 to take over the lead and continued out front for the next 44 circuits around the 1.5-mile track. As Gaughan was rounding the track on lap 133, he brushed the outside retaining wall and forfeited the top spot. The incident caused the black and gold machine to become free for the remainder of the race and prevented Gaughan from getting back to the front of the field. The veteran driver slipped to the fifth spot, where he took the checkered flag.
Start - 4 Finish - 5 Laps Led - 44 Points - 3rd
BRENDAN GAUGHAN QUOTE:
"The No. 62 South Point Hotel & Casino Chevrolet team put in a great effort. We were fast all night long. Our ECR engine stayed strong throughout the race. Our engine builders are one of a kind. Not only do they build speed, but they build durability. We'll get the win we're searching for soon, we're headed in the right direction."