Blaney Blows Right Front Tire at Texas
Ryan Blaney finished 30th at Texas Motor Speedway in the No. 29 Cooper Standard RAM on Friday evening. The Brad Keselowski Racing (BKR) driver had a tough night in his Texas debut.
Blaney qualified in the 16th position on Friday afternoon pacing the 1.5 mile tri-oval in 30.35 seconds or 177.901 M.P.H. to begin the WinStar World 350.
On lap 20, Blaney had driven the Cooper Standard RAM to the 13th position and radioed to Crew Chief Doug Randolph that the truck was getting tight. The tight condition continued to worsen, and the right front tire blew near the start / finish line on lap 31 sending the BKR RAM into the barrier.
Randolph instructed Blaney to drive to the garage, and despite a valiant effort by the team, the necessary repairs were too much to overcome ending Blaney's Texas Motor Speedway debut early.
"We blew a right front tire," said Blaney. "The first five laps of the race, the Cooper Standard RAM felt great. After that, it just kept getting tighter and tighter. It was a tough night, but that's racing. We'll get them in Phoenix next weekend."
Latest from Press Release
- Video: Danica Patrick wrecks out at Phoenix
- Danica Patrick Phoenix Accident Quotes
- Goodyear Launches New Ads During Biggest Race of Season
- Phil Parsons Racing & K-Love highlight Victory Junction 10th summer at Daytona
- American Ethanol Enhances Sponsorship of Richard Childress Racing with Driver Austin Dillon in 2013