Starland in as crew chief for RBR Enterprises NCWTS entry
Kevin "Cowboy" Starland will be making the pit calls for the Ricky Benton Racing (RBR) Enterprises No. 92 BTS Tire and Wheel Distributors/fleetHQ.com/QMI Chevrolet when the team returns to the track in the next few weeks.
Starland replaces Jason Overstreet, who oversaw RBR's NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) efforts for the team's first four races of 2012.
"We are very appreciative of everything that Jason did for RBR during his tenure here," said team owner Ricky Benton. "Our program is much stronger than it was at the end of last year.
"Kevin brings a wealth of experience to our team and we are looking forward to getting back to the track soon."
A veteran of the NCWTS, Starland comes to RBR from Turn One Racing, where he served as crew chief for the No. 60 Chevrolet driven in 2012 by Grant Enfinger, J.R. Fitzpatrick and most recently Chad McCumbee. Starland has five wins as a crew chief in the series; three with Carl Edwards and two with Rick Crawford. He has also served as crew chief for Boris Said, Johnny Benson, Denny Hamlin, Johanna Long, Nelson Piquet, Ted Musgrave and Steve Wallace in the NCWTS.
"I am real excited about being here with RBR," said Starland. "It's a great opportunity with great equipment and they have a good base to work with. I think we can get this team where they want to be, which is running up front and winning races."
RBR has attempted four races of their scheduled 10-12 in 2012. After a DNQ in the season opener at Daytona, the team reeled off three straight top-20 finishes at Martinsville, Rockingham and Charlotte.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Dates announced for 37th annual Pioneer Pole Buildings 2021 Motorsports Show
- Sinister Diesel and All American Speedway continue partnership into 2020
- Nashville Fairgrounds Speedway Announces Schedule Adjustments For May
- AUDIO: Dale Earnhardt Jr. on HoF nominee, career, more on SiriusXM Radio
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. to compete in IndyCar iRacing Challenge from virtual Michigan International Speedway live this Saturday on NBCSN