Tyler Reddick Martinsville Speedway Recap
Tyler Reddick (@TylerReddick) rebounded from an early spin to score a fifth place finish in the Kroger 250 Saturday afternoon at Martinsville (Va.) Speedway. Reddick is second in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series championship standings, two points behind the leader and is also the only driver in the series with three top fives in the first three races this season.
Tyler qualified seventh and was running eighth when he spun on lap 34, bringing out the first caution of the race. Two laps later Reddick pitted for four tires and adjustments and restarted 20th when the green flag waved on lap 42.
From there he patiently began to work his way through traffic. He had worked his way into 11th place when the third caution set up a round of pit stops on lap 143. Reddick restarted eighth when the race went green on lap 147.
The ninth and final caution of the race was a big break for Reddick. The yellow set up a green-white-checkered dash to the finish and Reddick took full advantage. He picked up two positions on the chaotic restart to finish fifth.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Justin Moore to perform pre-concert for eNASCAR iRacing Pro Invitational
- Joey Gase Racing to Pay Tribute to NASCAR Hall of Fame Driver Bobby Allison at Darlington Raceway
- Explore the NASCAR Hall of Fame with new virtual education offerings
- Successful inaugural World Wide Technology Raceway iRacing event paving the way for track’s eSports league
- NBC Sports to Present INDYCAR iRacing Challenge This Saturday