Mike Wallace No. 01 Flex Seal Chevy Fontana Post-Race Report
After battling the track in sunny California, Mike Wallace and the No. 01 Flex Seal team overcame obstacles and finished 23rd in the Royal Purple 300.
On track action began Friday with one extended practice session. The team unloaded fast, immediately completing a lap within the top 20. After working through different setups, the No. 01 Flex Seal Chevy finished the day 23rd, leaving the team optimistic for qualifying on Saturday morning.
After starting the race 26th, the veteran Wallace began to attack the track with a wildly loose race car. After radioing to the crew for help, the first caution flag waved allowing the team the chance to fine tune the race car. Crew Chief Marc Browning used a multitude of adjustments to tighten the Chevy, sending Mike back out on the track.
As the race continued, Mike used a wave around and a lucky dog to stay competitive on the track. After entering the top 25, Wallace remained there for the remainder of the event, and finished 23rd, the second top 25 in a row. Wallace is now tied for 24th in points.
Mike Wallace Quotes: “Our team, once again, accomplished our initial goal of finishing the race. I am happy with our overall results this weekend, including practice and qualifying. We found something that helped our cars, both the No. 01 and the No. 4, to go faster on track, that I think will help us in the future. I would like to thank Flex Seal for their support this weekend, and I think the two weeks off will help the team catch up and prepare our cars for Texas.”
JD Motorsports PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Toyota Racing - NCTS Incident Quotes - Tyler Ankrum
- Toyota Racing - NCS Talladega Quotes - Bubba Wallace
- Race of Champions Family of Series Set to Close Out Season With “ the Shootout” at “The Bullring” Wyoming County International Speedway on Saturday, October 14
- Troy Foulger Outmatches Hogge in Lapped Traffic for Pat Pettit Shootout Win
- Justin Time: Grant Gets first USAC Midget Win of ’23 at BC39 Night Two Prelim