No. 20 Mobil 1 Toyota GR Supra News and Notes
- NEMECHEK AT MARTINSVILLE: John Hunter Nemechek dominated this spring’s NASCAR Xfinity Series race at Martinsville Speedway by leading 198 of 250 laps, winning both stages and taking home the checkered flag at the end of the night. For Nemechek, it marked his only Xfinity Series experience at the .526-mile oval. He also owns a NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series victory at Martinsville in March 2018.
- HOMESTEAD RECAP: Nemechek earned a third-place finish in last Saturday’s Xfinity Series race at Homestead-Miami Speedway. After starting second, he ran solidly inside the top five throughout the event. He placed third in stage one and second in stage two before ultimately finishing third in the race.
- PLAYOFFS SO FAR: The No. 20 team has finished eighth or better in each of the five playoff races so far. Overall, Nemechek has posted top-three finishes in six of the last seven races. He currently sits atop the playoff grid with a 44-point advantage over the current cutoff driver.
- STOUT PERFORMANCE: In 19 starts this season on oval tracks two miles and less in distance, Nemechek’s performance has been exceptional. He owns seven wins, 15 top-five finishes, 19 top-10s, 950 laps led, a 7.8-average starting position and a 3.1-average finishing position in those 19 races.
- PLACING ON THE PODIUM: In addition to owning a series-best seven wins, Nemechek has finished inside the top three in 15 of 31 races this season, including his third-place finish at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
- LEADING THE WAY: Nemechek leads full-time Xfinity Series drivers in multiple statistical categories including wins, top-five finishes, top-10s, laps led, average running position, driver rating, fastest laps run, fastest on restarts, and laps in the top 15.
- BESHORE ON THE PIT BOX: Crew chief Ben Beshore has two Xfinity Series starts at Martinsville. On both occasions, Beshore’s teams ended up in victory lane. In October 2020, he guided Harrison Burton to the win after leading 81 of 250 laps. Earlier this year, Beshore oversaw Nemechek’s dominant performance at the .526-mile oval where the No. 20 driver led 198 of 250 laps.
- MOBIL 1: Nemechek’s No. 20 Toyota GR Supra will feature Mobil 1 as the primary sponsor this weekend at Martinsville Speedway. Nemechek and Mobil 1 are no strangers to each other as they have partnered for four Truck Series wins over the past two seasons and Xfinity Series victories at Atlanta Motor Speedway and Michigan International Speedway this season.
- JGR AT MARTINSVILLE: Joe Gibbs Racing has claimed four wins in six races since the Xfinity Series returned to Martinsville Speedway in October 2020. In 22 combined starts at the track, the organization has tallied 10 top-five finishes, 17 top-10s, three pole awards, and 871 laps led. Harrison Burton, Ty Gibbs, and Brandon Jones join Nemechek on the list of drivers who have taken JGR to Xfinity Series victory lane at Martinsville.
- TUNE IN: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Martinsville Speedway is scheduled for Saturday, October 28, at 3:30 p.m. ET on USA Network, MRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
John Hunter Nemechek, Driver of the No. 20 Mobil 1 Toyota GR Supra
How do you approach this weekend at Martinsville?
“We know what’s on the line for us. The biggest thing is to get ourselves locked into Phoenix and then we can worry about trying to win the race. We have a lot of confidence going back to Martinsville from the spring, but we have to be smart and finish the job at hand to have a shot to get to our ultimate goal next weekend.”
- Three Tundras in the Top-Five at Vegas - March 1, 2024
- Champion Car Owners Impressed With Austin Williams Debut - March 1, 2024
- Victoria’s Voice Foundation 200 presented by Westgate Resorts results from Las Vegas Motor Speedway - March 1, 2024