Myatt Snider / No. 19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra Preview - Drive For The Cure 250 at the Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL
- SNIDER AT THE ROVAL: Myatt Snider makes his return to the No. 19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra for his third NXS start of the year this weekend at the Charlottle Motor Speedway ROVAL for the Drive For The Cure 250. In three NXS starts at the 2.280 mile road course, Snider has earned one top-10 and an average finish of 11.7, highlighted by an eighth-place finish in 2021.
- PREVIOUSLY AT JGR: Snider’s last race in the No.19 for Joe Gibbs Racing came in June at Portland International Raceway. Snider had a solid showing as he ran inside the top-10 for most of the race before ultimately finishing sixth. In addition to Snider’s Portland start, he also took home a fifth-place finish in this year’s season opener in Daytona.
- RACING FOR A CHAMPIONSHIP: The No. 19 continues their push for an Owner’s Championship this weekend in Charlotte, the cutoff race for the NXS playoffs Round of 12. The team currently sits seventh in the owners’ standings, just ten points above the cut line for the round of eight. The team’s championship hopes will be in Snider’s hands this Saturday as he looks to wheel his team to a round of eight appearance.
- FROM INTERN TO DRIVER: Snider’s relationship with JGR started all the way back in 2014 when he joined the team as a fabrication intern. From there, he continued to be a part of the JGR family as a mechanic. Snider spent a total of three years with the team and now watches his career come full circle as he gets behind the wheel for the same organization he once worked for.
- ON THE PITBOX: Crew Chief Jason Ratcliff will oversee the No. 19 team and its driver rotation in 2023. Ratcliff is in year 18 under the JGR banner. He won the 2009 Xfinity Championship in tandem with Kyle Busch after an eight-win season. The championship-winning crew chief has 56 Xfinity wins across five different drivers, including current JGR NCS driver, Christopher Bell. He has 15 NCS wins as crew chief between two former JGR drivers – Matt Kenseth and Joey Logano. Ratcliff has three wins this season with Ryan Truex at Dover, Ty Gibbs at Indianapolis, and Denny Hamlin at Darlington.
- GETTING UP TO SPEED: Despite running a part-time schedule this season, Snider is a familiar face in the NXS garage. As a full-time driver for the past three seasons, he has accumulated one win, five top-fives. 23 top-tens, and one pole in 101 starts.
- THE 19 IN 2023: The JGR No. 19 will have a rotating schedule of drivers throughout the 2023 season. Drivers who have raced the No. 19 as of Charlotte are Ty Gibbs, Connor Mosack, Ryan Truex, Denny Hamlin, Joe Graf Jr., Trevor Bayne, and Snider. With three wins on the year from Truex, Gibbs, and Hamlin, the group of drivers have carried the No. 19 Toyota GR Supra to seventh in the owners’ points standings. Snider and Graf Jr. are slated finish out the season for the No. 19 Toyota GR Supra.
- JGR AT CHARLOTTE ROVAL: Joe Gibbs Racing has tallied six top-five finishes and eight top-10s in 16 combined Xfinity Series starts on the Charlotte ROVAL. Ty Gibbs notched the team’s best finish last season when he led 24 laps on the way to a second-place finish.
- FOLLOW ALONG: Follow along for updates and a behind-the-scenes look at Myatt Snider’s 2023 season.
- RACE INFO: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at the Charlotte Motor Speedway ROVAL is scheduled for Saturday, October 7, at 3:30 p.m. ET on NBC, PRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Myatt Snider, Driver of the No. 19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra
After a lengthy hiatus between starts, what are your expectations going into this weekend?
“Being a part time driver, I have limited opportunities to prove myself, so I have to seize every chance I get. A win is always the goal no matter what the scenario is. That said, regardless of the circumstances, I know we have a great opportunity to go out there and compete. Jason (Ratcliff) and the No.19 guys brought some strong Toyota GR Supras to Indy and Watkins Glen, so I’m excited to get out there is weekend and go road course racing.”
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Evergreen Raceway lauds champions at yearly Awards Banquet
- Hunt Brothers Pizza Joins Team Penske NASCAR Partner Lineup
- Seavey & Grant Share Spotlight at 2023 USAC Night of Champions
- Thomas Krasonis to pull double duty with Marko Stipp Motorsport in the 2024 season
- Thad Moffitt to Compete Full-Time in NASCAR CRAFTSMAN Truck Series