No. 19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra News and Notes:
- SNIDER AT PORTLAND: Myatt Snider returns to the No.19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra for his second start of the season at Portland International Raceway this weekend in the Pacific Office Automation 147. In his first career start at the track last year, Snider had one of the best runs of his NXS career as he wheeled his way from a 25th place starting position all the way up to the front where he led 19 laps, won a stage, and came home with a second-place finish.
- PREVIOUSLY AT JGR: Snider made his JGR debut earlier this season at the season-opener in Daytona where he kicked off the year with a fifth-place finish.
- GETTING UP TO SPEED: Despite running a part-time schedule this season, Snider is a familiar face in the NXS garage. As a full-time driver for the past three seasons, he has accumulated one win, five top-fives. 22 top-tens, and one pole in 100 starts.
- FROM INTERN TO DRIVER: Snider’s relationship with JGR started all the way back in 2014 when he joined the team as a fabrication intern. From there, he continued to be a part of the JGR family as a mechanic. Snider spent a total of three years with the team and now watches his career come full circle as he gets behind the wheel for the same organization he once worked for.
- ON THE PITBOX:Crew Chief Jason Ratcliff will oversee the No. 19 team and its driver rotation in 2023. Ratcliff is in year 18 under the JGR banner. He won the 2009 Xfinity Championship in tandem with Kyle Busch after an eight-win season. The championship-winning crew chief has 54 Xfinity wins across five different drivers, including current JGR NCS driver, Christopher Bell. He has 15 NCS wins as crew chief between two former JGR drivers – Matt Kenseth and Joey Logano.
- NO. 19 IN 2023: The JGR No. 19 will have a rotating schedule of drivers throughout the 2023 season. Drivers on the schedule as of Portland are Ty Gibbs, Connor Mosack, Ryan Truex, Joe Graf Jr, and Snider. With one win and six top-five finishes thus far, the group of drivers have carried the No. 19 Toyota GR Supra to seventh in the NXS owners’ points standings.
- JGR AT PORTLAND: Joe Gibbs Racing entered three cars in the inaugural Xfinity Series race at Portland International Raceway last season. Ty Gibbs highlighted the team’s performance as he led a race-high 42 laps and won a stage in last year’s race before finishing seventh.
- FOLLOW ALONG:Follow along for updates and a behind-the-scenes look at Myatt Snider’s 2023 season.
- RACE INFO: Coverage of this weekend’s Xfinity Series race at Portland International Raceway is scheduled for Saturday, June 3, at 4:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN Radio, and SiriusXM NASCAR Radio.
Myatt Snider, Driver of the No. 19 Tree Top Toyota GR Supra
“You had a strong run at Portland last year. What are your expectations for this weekend as you return in Joe Gibbs Racing equipment?”
“You never know what to expect, honestly. Especially with a road course that’s so new to the schedule, you kind of have to prepare for every scenario. That said, the goal is to take our Tree Top GR Supra to victory lane on Saturday. I felt really comfortable here last summer and came really close to getting the job done then. This time around I feel great about how this track matches up with my skillset and I know we have a great group of guys who put this car together, so the sky is the limit for us going into this weekend.