Decision of the Final Appeal Officer - Mike Harmon
The Final Appeal Officer today heard and considered an appeal of a penalty issued on Nov. 22 to Mike Harmon and Ryan Bell in the NASCAR Xfinity Series.
The penalty concerns the following section in the 2021 NASCAR Rule Book: Section 5.1.a.c.d: Vehicle Testing.
Upon hearing the testimony, the decisions of the Final Appeal Officer are:
- That the Appellants violated the Rules set forth in the Penalty Notice.
- That the decision of the National Motorsports Appeals Panel upholding the original Penalty that was issued by NASCAR was incorrect in light of the NASCAR Rulebook modification made on January 24, 2022. This Rulebook change allowed the penalty elements to be applied on an and/or basis and based upon that the Penalty has been modified to be a loss of 75 NASCAR Xfinity Series Championship Team Owner and Driver points. The suspension and monetary fine elements have been rescinded.
The Final Appeal Officer for this hearing was Mr. Roger Werner.
The decision of the National Motorsports Final Appeals Officer is final and binding on all parties.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- Sato Surges to Top of Opening Day at 228; Ganassi Cars Dialed In
- Ronnie Williams Eager to Return to Stafford Speedway For May 20 Call Before You Dig Open Mod 81
- Chandler Smith - No. 18 iBUYPOWER Tundra TRD Pro Camping World Trucks Texas Preview
- Magical Vacation Planner Racing: Chase Briscoe NASCAR All-Star Race Advance
- N.C. Gov. Roy Cooper Visits North Wilkesboro Speedway In Advance of Racetrack Revival Later This Year