- This Week's NAPA Auto Parts Toyota... Patrick Carpentierwill pilot RAB Racing chassis No. 54 in Saturday's NAPA AUTO PARTS 200 NASCAR Nationwide Series race. Purchased from Michael Waltrip Racing, Carpentier piloted this Toyota Camry to a 32nd-place finish at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve last August. Misfortune struck the Quebec native in the late-stages of the 74-lap contest when he was spun by another competitor which resulted in the less-than-desired finish.
- A Place of Firsts ... RAB Racing scored their first NASCAR Nationwide Series victory at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in 2010, with Boris Said behind the wheel of the No. 09 entry. It came in the team's 57th career start. Said came back from an early spin to edge Max Papis by a nose on a green-white-checkered finish to take the checkered flag. The margin of victory was .012 seconds, marking one of the closest finishes of all-time. The win marked firsts for team owner Robby Benton, Said and crew chief Scott Zipadelli in Nationwide Series competition.
- New Colors ... RAB Racing's Toyota Camry will sport new colors this weekend when the blue and yellow paint scheme of NAPA AUTO PARTS adorns the No. 99. The supplier of replacement parts, specialty parts and equipment for the automotive repair, collision, heavy-duty truck, and industrial markets will be featured as the primary sponsor, alongside associate sponsor Harco Brands, creators of MiracleWipes, which offer waterless cleanup for hands, surfaces and tools.
- Carpentier at Montreal ... In five NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Carpentier boasts two top-five finishes. His best finish at the 2.71-mile road course is second, where he has finished twice.The 40-year-old driver also scored his first Nationwide Series pole award at the Montreal track in 2007. It came in his first career start in NASCAR's junior division.
- RAB Racing's Road Course Averages ... In 10 Nationwide Series starts at road course facilities - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Road America and Watkins Glen International - RAB Racing has accumulated one win, one top-five and one top-10 finish, an average starting position of 15th and an average finish of 19.8. RAB Racing-prepared entries have been atop the leaderboard for two circuits and have completed 678 of a possible 715 laps contested.
- Ride Along ... The No. 99 Toyota will have an in-car camera for this weekend's race coverage on ESPN, courtesy of Nationwide Insurance. Cameras mounted on the roof and interior of Carpentier's Camry will provide an interesting view of the 15-turn circuit located on the man-made Ile Notre-Dame in Montreal.
- Racing For A Cause ... Carpentier will be racing for a good cause this weekend, as he plans to donate a percentage of his race winnings to CHU Sainte-Justine children's hospital in Montreal.
- The Collective RAB Racing Report ... With 21 of 33 races already completed this season, RAB Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have notched one top-five and four top-10 finishes.RAB Racing-prepared cars have also completed 3,359 laps with its six drivers - Gonzalez, Moffit, Travis Pastrana, John Wes Townley, Ryan Truex and Kenny Wallace.
- Happy Birthday, Brack ... Team co-owner Brack Maggard will celebrate his birthday on Sunday, August 19.
- Meet the Driver ... Fans can meet Carpentier on Friday, August 17 from 1 - 2 p.m. when he will participate in the NASCAR Nationwide Series group autograph session, located in the Beer Garden area of the Fan Midway next to the casino.
- Get Well, Torie ... In recognition of his 16-year-old daughter Torie Costa's battle with childhood rhabdomyosarcoma, a soft tissue malignant tumor of skeletal muscle origin that accounts for approximately 3.5% of the cases of cancer among children aged 0 to 14 years, crew chief Scott Zipadelli and the members of RAB Racing's Nationwide Series team are wearing pink bracelets in support of Torie. A CaringBridge site has been created where Torie and her family post updates as she battles her disease. Family and friends are able to visit the site, stay informed and leave supportive messages. To keep up with Torie's journey, visit http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/toriecosta
- Catch the Action... Saturday's NAPA Auto Parts 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve will be televised live Saturday, August 18th beginning at 2:30 p.m. EDT on ESPN, and broadcast live on the Motor Racing Network and SiriusXM Satellite Radio.
Scott Zipadelli Quote:
"We're very excited to be heading to Montreal this weekend and the opportunity to race with a world-class road racer in Patrick Carpentier. He knows the track very well, and he's always run well there in the Nationwide Series. It's great to have the support of NAPA Auto Parts, and we know that this weekend is a big deal for them, as they are sponsoring not only our Toyota Camry, but the race as well. Having won at Montreal before, it's certainly a race that we have circled on our calendar as one we've been looking forward to all year. We feel very prepared for this race, especially with the help we've gotten from Michael Waltrip Racing. To win at Montreal again with a Canadian driver would be incredible."
Patrick Carpentier Quote:
"I am really looking forward to racing at Montreal this weekend. We will have the same Toyota Camry that we had at Montreal last year. It was a really fast car, we just had some bad luck with it, unfortunately. It's going to be great to be back in the car in front of all of my hometown fans, and hopefully this year things will go a little better. It's great to represent NAPA Auto Parts once again, and to have Harco Brands on the car as well. Both companies have incredible products, and it really is an honor to represent them.
"I will be racing for a good cause this weekend, as I plan to give 50 percent of the purse I receive to CHU Sainte-Justine, a children's hospital in Montreal. They helped my family greatly when my daughter was younger, and it's a way of thanking them. We have a few people involved that will also give generously, like SMS Equipment, Komatsu, NAPA and Octane Management which makes this race even more special to me."
RAB Racing PR