Chastain Strong 16th at Indy
Ross Chastain continued his hot summer run through the Xfinity Series by finishing 16th on the lead lap in Saturday’s Lilly Diabetes 250 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
Chastain has now scored six straight finishes in the top 20, including a fourth and a sixth.
Saturday’s finish was particularly impressive given the day’s circumstances. The race was run under remarkable new rules, with splitter, spoiler and air duct changes putting a new spin on things. Competition was tighter, and drivers were blocking left and right.
“It was a great day to finish so strong,” Chastain said. “No one really knew what to expect from the changes, and our guys did a great job reacting to them. We hope to keep this thing rolling.”
Chastain, who the Illiana Watermelon Association Chevrolet Saturday, remained 16th in Xfinity points.
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- March 7 Pennzoil 400 at LVMS is sold out
- Lucas Oil American Sprint Car Series California Swing Called Off
- Football Standouts with Miami Ties – Dolphins’ Tua Tagovailoa and FOX NFL Analyst Jonathan Vilma - to Serve as Honorary Officials for Dixie Vodka 400
- World Wide Technology Raceway to host two job fairs in preparation for the 2021 season
- Parker Retzlaff chases first ARCA East top-five at Five Flags