Austin Wayne Self to drive for MBM at Charlotte Motor Speedway
On the heels of a 12th place finish last Friday night in the N.C. Education Lottery 200 at Charlotte (N.C.) Motor Speedway, AM Racing officials confirmed Thursday that driver Austin Wayne Self will drive the No. 40 Dodge Charger for Motorsports Business Management (MBM) Motorsports in Saturday’s NASCAR XFINITY Series (NXS) Hisense 4K TV 300.
“I’m looking forward to the opportunity to drive for MBM Motorsports Saturday at Charlotte,” said Self. “I appreciate the phone call from car owner Carl Long asking me to come and compete. Hopefully, we can make some gains from practice to qualifying and earn the best finish possible for the MBM Motorsports team on Saturday afternoon.”
Self, 21, has 25 career NASCAR Camping World Truck Series starts with a career-best second place finish at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway in Feb. 2017. An 18th place qualifying effort at Texas Motor Speedway is his best time trials effort to date.
On May 19, the Austin, Texas driver earned his season-best finish (12th) of the season in the fifth NCWTS race of the year in a strong performance in AM Racing’s second race of the season after qualifying a season-high 19th.
The week before, he finished a solid 15th driving the No. 45 Chevrolet for Niece Motorsports.
AM Racing PR
Latest from Speedway Digest Staff
- The NASCAR Foundation Partners with Martinsville Speedway on Speediatrics Fun Day Festival for Boys & Girls Clubs of the Blue Ridge
- Broad Brook Brewing and Stafford Speedway Partner to Launch Double Hooked Lager; Broad Brook Brewing Joins Stafford Contingency Program
- Justyn Cox Racing to Award 360 Sprint Car Drive to Delta Super Champion
- Rueschenberg To Compete In This Weekend’s T-Town Showdown
- Destiny Homes Announces Multi-Race Sponsorship with Brett Moffitt and Our Motorsports